Hubs

monty kid

A chris king BMX disc hub won't work with 110mm hub spacing which the PR has unless you do an adaptor bodge or machine down the brake and hub which I doubt you would like to do. The problem with this hub is that the disc mount is too close to the frame (after all the disc shell isn't designed to be used in bmx hubs) leaving no space for the caliper. With a 116mm spaced frame like any other apart from Monty, you can put all the tensioners on the non drive side and align the rotor correctly.

Besides, does it have to be red? :ermm: You'd have a huge choice of hubs otherwise, Echo make some, Monty make the 221Pr and Ti hubs in disc form and I'm pretty sure Viz do as well seeing as they copied Monty hubs (or vice versa).

Um what about profile disc hubs?

Edited by Inur

A chris king BMX disc hub won't work with 110mm hub spacing which the PR has unless you do an adaptor bodge or machine down the brake and hub which I doubt you would like to do. The problem with this hub is that the disc mount is too close to the frame (after all the disc shell isn't designed to be used in bmx hubs) leaving no space for the caliper. With a 116mm spaced frame like any other apart from Monty, you can put all the tensioners on the non drive side and align the rotor correctly.

Besides, does it have to be red? :ermm: You'd have a huge choice of hubs otherwise, Echo make some, Monty make the 221Pr and Ti hubs in disc form and I'm pretty sure Viz do as well seeing as they copied Monty hubs (or vice versa).

Um what about profile disc hubs?

1 word

King

read the above

Edited by t.w