I Broke My Hand..

Barbra

Broke my hand a month or so back, i've had wires in it and everything, they've been taken out. Its been a week since ive had my wires out, i can't close a full fist because my little finger won't make it the whole way, but it doesn't hurt to pull my handle bar at all. Its when i put weight down on the handle bar is when it hurts, it absoloutely wrecks. I'm thinking its loss of muscle rarther than trauma?

Does anybody know anyway to get me riding faster? i wanna ride this weekend.

P.S I've lost my muscle on my forearm and around my wrist (mostly the wrist) if it helps.

It's nothing to do with you losing your muscle. If it hurts, it's probably your hand telling you to stop doing what you're doing. Just gotta wait I'm afraid. Riding now will be painful and it'll just lengthen the time till you're better again.

It's nothing to do with you losing your muscle. If it hurts, it's probably your hand telling you to stop doing what you're doing. Just gotta wait I'm afraid. Riding now will be painful and it'll just lengthen the time till you're better again.

so true, seriously dont ride with it. It will end up worse maybe not even healing properly. It happened to our local legand James Tupman (with his shoulder) so it could happen to you. DONT RISK IT!

Cheers, Rorz!

if i learnt anything it's not to rush back. It's all good at the time but a couple of years later it catches up.

Just wait it out and exersise it. If you ain't in physio, get some, and if you've had it, carry it on with what you were told.

if i learnt anything it's not to rush back. It's all good at the time but a couple of years later it catches up.

Just wait it out and exersise it. If you ain't in physio, get some, and if you've had it, carry it on with what you were told.

Apparently getting an appointment through the post for physio, that was two weeks ago they said that.

Anybody know of any of the shite physio would tell me to do? <_<

I wonder if riding in a cast is why TRA has been out of the sport for so many months. Yeah, like everyone has said, don't rush it.

Apparently getting an appointment through the post for physio, that was two weeks ago they said that.

Anybody know of any of the shite physio would tell me to do? <_<

Probably some stuff like squeezing a stress ball etc, but I'd imagine they would give you specific ones for your injury so it's probably best to wait and see what they say (Y)

as above...ask TRA....didn't seem to slow him down...

Errr yes it did. He rode with it in a cast and he's only just recovered about a year on. I don't actually know exactly what he did, but my guess is that it would have healed faster if he didn't ride it in a cast.