My Gu Freehub

David Biddle™

ok while i was riding today i went to hop to the backwheel a few times and it spun round completely on me and few times at first i thought it was my mec but it wasnt that.So i looked my whole wheel over and on the drive side of the hub were the flange is it had completely come away from the rest of the hub body.So i was thinkin should i send it from were i got the hub from (tartybikes) and see what they say and has this ever happend to eneyone else

sorry about the pics they were takin with my phone

biddle

Edited by davenorfolk

Give them a ring they will sort you out , unlucky about that and I guess you were in work with the halfords price tags in the background ;)

yep cant beat a good halfords and ill give them a ring to find out what to do cuse im not to sure on warrentys on hubs and what classes as warrenty

biddle

Could somebody explain to me why this should happen to a freehub but not to a normal hub for a screw-on sprocket?

I'm guessing because fixed hubs do not have ratchets inside where the pressure is exerted upon.

But, give Tarty Bikes a ring. I'm pretty sure they can sort something out for you (Y) .

Cheers,

Joe.