Enos, Compatibility

RobinJI

Right, anyway, my situation is that I run a revolver on the rear and 20-16t gearing. The only half decent freewheels I know of that come in 16t are the ACS (what I'm using now), the try-all, and the blue ENO.

I'm not soo kean on the try-all as it's gunna be a pain in the arse to get at the lock ring to service the thing. But at the same time the eno seams a shame to spend that much money and still only have 36ep.

Now the way I understand it, in a blue Eno there are 3 pawls in a 36t ratchet, and in a green eno there are 6 pawls engaging in 2 sets into a 36t ratchet. So what I was thinking is:

Would it be posible to buy a green trials Eno and then a replacement outer body of a blue Eno, and frankenstein them together, to get a 6 pawl 72ep 16t freewheel?

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Hmmm.....

How much of a difference do you think that's gunna make? is the beefing up for impact protection, or mechanical strength? Obviosly with it being on the rear it's gunna get hit less than on the front, and I'm thinking it'll be under less stress from the drive forces?? Cant really thing right now though, still half asleep.

Hmmm.....

How much of a difference do you think that's gunna make? is the beefing up for impact protection, or mechanical strength? Obviosly with it being on the rear it's gunna get hit less than on the front, and I'm thinking it'll be under less stress from the drive forces?? Cant really thing right now though, still half asleep.

Try it and let us know, it'd be interesting to see how it holds up... and if you die, everyone'll know you as the eno bodge king.

is the beefing up for impact protection, or mechanical strength?

Its for mechanical strength. I think it would work but certainly wouldn't want to recommend it in case you lose your teeth :P

Try it and let us know, it'd be interesting to see how it holds up... and if you die, everyone'll know you as the eno bodge king.

I'm the ENO bodge king so far and I haven't died... 108 EPs for the win :wink2:

Its for mechanical strength. I think it would work but certainly wouldn't want to recommend it in case you lose your teeth :P

how adam? how? put us up a guide? hehe

I believe so.. however the 18T outer casing on the trials freewheel is heavily beefed up, the 16T standard isn't...

true, but I can't see a blue eno being weaker than an acs...

just a thought though I accept no responsible for anything ever, unless it's good!

Ha ha, yeah okay then show off.... your the official eno bodge king (Y):D

Haha, cool. I might go for it. Need to get some money first though, and sort out my rear disc. Thanks.

And yeah, I cant really see it being weaker than an ACS :P .

Adam, how's you manage that? machine/carefully file down 2 of the pawls to give you 3 different lengths of pawl?

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

And yeah, I cant really see it being weaker than an ACS :P .

Adam, how's you manage that? machine/carefully file down 2 of the pawls to give you 3 different lengths of pawl?

I dunno, ACS freewheel are bloody tough...

And yep, basically! (you need a spare long pawl to do this though)