Criminal Damage!?

Sticky!

Have you guys ever been done for criminal damage i am only wondering as today in my home town of fareham me and a few mates where riding benches and i broke it rite through and now i am banned have to pay £100 and also have to sit in a cell for four hours for one bench.And then on the ride home i got stopped again for riding on the pavement wich they also took my name down for.

If you have been either done for criminal damage or been offended in any way shape or form riding please tell me.

Thankyou

Callum Stickland

well yeah i was riding sheffield on saturday... and me, mike, biff and reinold was talking. and then the police just grabbed us 4 while everyone else riden away. and they were making out it was just us 4 that did all the damage lol. but were was the unlucky ones

samo

Have you guys ever been done for criminal damage i am only wondering as today in my home town of fareham me and a few mates where riding benches and i broke it rite through and now i am banned have to pay £100 and also have to sit in a cell for four hours for one bench.And then on the ride home i got stopped again for riding on the pavement wich they also took my name down for.

If you have been either done for criminal damage or been offended in any way shape or form riding please tell me.

Thankyou

Callum Stickland

That is so sh*t.

I know sometimes it can't be helped like your incident but you have got to try and ride as clean as possible. And be crafty about where and when you ride if you think things are liable to happen. I wouldn't dream of riding if I saw a policeman, even if I was riding an unbreakable wall and I don't think im doing anything wrong others may disagree. For this reason I jump off my bike and casually chat with my mates.

I think the £100 fine is absolutely ridiculous and completely dissproportionate to the crime you committed. Allthough it was an accident the fact reamins you shouldn't of been riding the bench in the first place so it is classed as a 'crime'.

In the crazy world we live its possible to get ASBO's and other anti social things for riding, I know one person on the forum has.

I know its all a load of sh*t but thats the law, the only thing you can do is be as careful as you can. I personally have never had any trouble. Maybe just the wrong place and the wrong time?

Out of interest how did you get caught?

Phiil

sounds like you guys are geting full on rapeage from your councils.... the worst I've ever had is a yellow card from the community police for killing soil (I kid you not)

depends on how lucky you are I guess. One thing that doesn't help is kicking off and moaning like a bitch when they collar you. If they say "move on please lads" just say "ok" and GO! because you're doing exactly what they're telling you and that'll make them happy.

I rode on kerbs for an hour or so in the evening, apparently my brakes were too loud and causing a nuisance, i recieved a stage 1 asbo warning letter, from the pavement outside my house. Bloody neighbours.

isnt there a decibel limit after 9 o clock which is like 100 decibels?

our favorite spot to ride in our local is around 120ft from a police station, they rarely say a thing. The only time they've said something was when they got out the car and said "i know you have a lot of skill but could you please use the skatepark for this"

Guess they had lots of oatcakes in the morning :turned:

that was so unlucky callum, that guy was a right tosser though. he nicked hobbsie for being gobbie too

our favorite spot to ride in our local is around 120ft from a police station, they rarely say a thing. The only time they've said something was when they got out the car and said "i know you have a lot of skill but could you please use the skatepark for this"

Guess they had lots of oatcakes in the morning turned.gif

in waterlooville we ride opposite a police station just 10 meters away lmao, we have been asked to move once

Edited by ash-kennard

I've been fined £30 for riding on the pavement.

Local coppers decided to have an operation to clamp down on bikes on the pavement.

Only problem is, you can't tell which ones follow it and which don't. Just be more careful.