Drop.

hi all, i live round newark area and theres this place with about a 5ft drop on grass and iv just got the hang of dropping and i was just wondering shall i go for it or not.

cheers jake. (Y)(Y)

I'd just work up to it gradually.......do a 2ft, then a 3ft etc, build yer confidence first ' cos it hurts like hell if you bottle out halfway off! :lol:

dont wheelie off that is sketchy and is very easy to have a bad landing which could lead to an injury, always wear a helmet and just do it when you feel confident enough. (Y)

seems i have posted this twice. oppssss :(

Edited by monty221pr

What's your technique for drops?

When I started, I just pedal-hopped off everything, which is very sketchy...

When you're at the edge, drop the front wheel down, and tuck back, then drop off it, straighten yourself out in mid-air, then compress down when you land.

I know people less than 5ft, i'd only do it if i knew i was confident enough, try standing up there without the bike. I used to do that and found it helped. Dont go too big too soon! and wear a helmet!!

GOOD LUCK!

thanks mate o yh and i just orderd a helmet lol

cheers jake. (Y)(Y)

I'd just work up to it gradually.......do a 2ft, then a 3ft etc, build yer confidence first ' cos it hurts like hell if you bottle out halfway off! :lol:

Listen to this guy thats good adice and the best thing to do.

Good look if you decide to do it.

Sam