The: My Ipods F*cked Up Thread

King C

why is it that when I got onto artists on my iPod not all of their songs that I have are listed.

Say if I have 4 tracks by Bon Jovi only 1 or 2 of the songs will show up when I click on artists on my iPod. Ive checked that i've named the artist the same but they still wont show. They show up on Songs or Playlists or on the search but just not under Artists. iTunes is fine, its just the iPod.

I like things to be perfect because Im a tart. Its a new black 8gb mini if it helps but it happened with my old nano aswell.

Any ideas lads (or ladies)?

Its now a; my iPods f*cked thread

Edited by kcchan

No idea, but mine wont show any of the podcasts that i subscribed to, it does on i tunes...but not on the i pod!

Go on the iPod properties and make sure it's set to copy the podcasts to the ipod, I think the default is that it just copies music over, not photos/podcasts etc.

It sounds like the Tags on the file itself.

I have an iPod (Unfortunately, they are UTTER junk) and it looks up the "Artist" tag in the file, so even if it's called Bon Jovi - xxxx it may not know the artist is Bon Jovi, and could list in under "Unknown Artist"

That made no sense probably... ah well. I tried.

Mine did that before but instead of not showing the tracks on the iPod, it just displayed them as completely different tracks! I had My Hero by Foo Fighters stored as some country n western shite, yet on the computer it was still by the Foo's. Weird!! I just made a hard copy of all the tracks on my hard disc and sent it to Apple. Got a new one back in about a week.

Ok this has nothing to do with what the topic starter, started but i do have an ipod issue so insted of just posting abother "my ipods fu*ked" thread, i will just use this one!!

Ok had my ipod nano pink since crimbo.... bought from currys

its crashed so many times since then.

When i go though the menus to say.... play all when i get to the last stage when its just about to play it, it freezes and so i re-set it by pressing menu and middle for 5 sec's and it comes back to life and dosnt do it for another 2 days or so.....

Its kept doing this on and off ever since and the other day, i was just telling someone about it how it keeps crashing and it was working perfectly then about 10 mins after when i come to using it, it wont turn on even though i knew the battary was full, hold was off, pressed every button, so i tried to re-set and it worked came back to life.......

Now this time 4 days later, when it crashed AGAIN!, on the bus... as always.. flickin through the menus and just as it turns to play it crashes.... ok so i re-set, comes back to life and............ ALL MY SONGS, PHOTO'S..........GONE!!!!!!!

So what shoud i do.... back to the shop joby? because my mini never did this.

My nano was also updated last week.

Edited by crazy_gap girl

Haha! at the change of topic name!!

iv just pluged in my empty ipod and it has all my songs on it. :angry:

It just didn't display them when i looked through after it had re-set, they are all on there and now show up on my ipod and works fine (for the time being). I dont get why its been so tempremental :angry:

GAH!

Haha! at the change of topic name!!

iv just pluged in my empty ipod and it has all my songs on it. :angry:

It just didn't display them when i looked through after it had re-set, they are all on there and now show up on my ipod and works fine (for the time being). I dont get why its been so tempremental :angry:

GAH!

If its got its years insurance ring apple, and they'll tell you to take it to your local apple DEALER, witch apparently isn't Dixon's or Curry's or anywhere like that, it will probably be a small shop that fixes iPod, if they can fix it they will if not apple wont think twice about replacing it with a new'un.

Cheers,

Rorz!

Go to London and go to the Apple store on Regent Street.

My brother's Ipod 30gb was being a bit dodge, only playing out of one channel, he went there. Booked some time at the 'Ipod Cafe' told the guy and he replaced it right there for a brand new one, he even transferred all the tunes from the old one to the new one!

Go to London and go to the Apple store on Regent Street.

My brother's Ipod 30gb was being a bit dodge, only playing out of one channel, he went there. Booked some time at the 'Ipod Cafe' told the guy and he replaced it right there for a brand new one, he even transferred all the tunes from the old one to the new one!

Sweet!, that would be probly the best thing to do. But i think the money that id spend in train fair would buy me a new ipod!!

But if it does this losing of songs yet they are still there thing again i will take it to the nearest apple store and see what happens!

Cheers for that!! :)