What Pads?

i want to buy some pads for my hs33's but im not sure what ones to buy.

i have a medium rim grind on the back and i dont ride in the wet (maybe once or twice a year)

i also use tar when my grind runs out.

i have been looking on tartybikes and found the brown koxx blocks to best suit my need.

just wondering what pads you think i should buy?

also how long will the brown koxx blocks last on a medium grind?

comments are apreciated

cheerz

reece

Go for the new rim jam v3 reds pads from tarty, they're only £18 +p&p and for that you get 7.5mm of pad and a 3mm backing recess coupled with Loctite glue specially formulated for use with these two materials makes for excellent adhesion. Also the backings are powder coated alloy! good stuff

Edited by harmertrials

Go for the new rim jam v3 reds pads from tarty, they're only £18 +p&p and for that you get 7.5mm of pad and a 3mm backing recess coupled with Loctite glue specially formulated for use with these two materials makes for excellent adhesion. Also the backings are powder coated alloy! good stuff

thanks harmer trials. i was looking at these and thought they might ne good. this topic is making my decision harder lol. i have got lots of comments on lots of pads :S

Mate I would just go for BLUE ROCK PADS straight away but unless the new RimJam pads are and better then just go for rock pads. They wont let you down! I am being honest here and i have had my pads for over 2 months and I can't see that they have worn down at all! £18 from Tarty is well worth the money.

Rock Pads (Blue on a grind) for great performance wet and dry, RimJam V3s for dry weather (also give slightly stiffer lever feel due to the alloy backings, and they're LOUD!).

If you don't ride in the wet then the Plaz CRMs are worth a look too - the compound has been unchanged for around 9 years and now and it's still amazing!

hi i would go for plaz pads, i and two of my friends run them on a harsh grind and they are mint and they work well in wet too. one of my mate got some red rock pads about three weeks ago on a harsh grind and he said they crap, and has now bought some new plaz pads.

hope i helped paul bell.