Old Skool Wip

guineasmithpig

Well, she's back! currently wearing red Mono's on 521 Ceramic/F519 silver, Fattys, RaceFace turbines with Ard Guard. its getting on for my dream spec from 5 years ago!

gallery_551_521_7240.jpg

short, tall and colourful. old skool baby! 'check out me dents, d!ck'ead!'

gallery_551_521_12491.jpg

Turbines and 'Ard Guard

med_gallery_551_521_20991.jpg

Carbon rear mech (albeit a bit battered!) and suicide shifter

gallery_551_521_21642.jpg

and my favourite find... BRONZE Azonic Singlewalls! Ashton was running these in Tricks and Stunts, and even Chainspotting! pre-2000 possibly?

anyways, will keep the thread updated. should have hs33 rear and v-brake setup on the front quite soon. and just need to get my arse in gear sorting the gears out. though i may be a little short of cash til the end of the month, so still in need of brake pads and a decent chain!? fat little order for tarty's on pay day :P

Smithy

PS. if anyone would care to share any old memories of rides when i was on this wee beasty, feel free to enlighten me! also, if the guy who had the video of me gapping St Pauls fountain still has the footage, could i get a copy!? it was in about 2002/3, so not holding out too much hope!

Edited by guineasmithpig

that rreally does look like my mates giant when he had one 3-4 years ago lol but he had easton ea70 bars and giant forks and prob burns but yeah always liked them giants, havnt they got minus bb rise im not sure but im sure i heard someone sayin they did have :S

is this the original frame Hawyes/ Giant released? (when they did an initial batch of 500) What frame number is it? :P

it is an 'original' one, before they put the nasty black paint on. don't know the number, looks to be 150 something, but the frame number is pretty mashed!

havnt they got minus bb rise im not sure but im sure i heard someone sayin they did have

you damn right they got negative bb rise! -15mm as i measure it. its a proper bike, for riding trials on. not a trials bike :P bloody bb rise. i tell thee, back in my day....

Edited by guineasmithpig