Whatever Happened To......

gianttrials

Hi all, i was thinking lastnight about certain riders that were well respected back in the day and wondered what they are doing nowadays. This probably would get more feedback from full members but i can only post in the new members section, but oh well. Now when I started riding trials 10 or more years ago there was big names like:-

Libor Karas-Cannondale rider and former world champ

Will Cogger-Peugeot bikes british trials rider

Ian Cooper-Raleigh Ti bike that was way ahead of many bikes at the time

Rich Johnson who started off the M.A.D team with Giles Wolfe

and finally

Matt Tongue- Edd Tongues older brother-Pashley

If anyone Knows what they're are doing nowadays please feel free to write a reply, as it would be interesting to know if any of these riders still ride or still have a connection to the sport (i don't know as i had a few years away from the sport, and then when i started again everyone had seatless bikes, lol)

Many thanks Ben Gray (Y) .

P.s Sorry if i have offended any new members who have been riding for many years like myself and have seen the sport evolve so much.

Libor Karas - (According to his sister) "he is in the Mid-West (Or Montana?) somewhere, "Digging big holes with power equipment" apparently on his own land somewhere."

Ian Cooper-Think he still rides

Rich Johnson - Working MAD still maybe? I know he left for a while, but I think he went back again. Whether he's still there however...

Matt Tongue- Floating around the scene a bit I think, but not 100% on exactly what/where

Rich Johnson - dropped out of the scene for a bit after he had a falling out with Giles Wolfe (rumours abound that they were more than "just friends", despite one of them being married!) as far as I know. He's probably still doing public demo's and other low key stuff.

Ian Cooper - Dropped out for a little while when the Raleigh Special Products team was stopped. Started riding for Identiti, putting his name to the Judge frame and appeared on the TV show 'Under Pressure'. Still rides occasionally. Tried his hand at motorbike trials and was upto a decent standard I believe.

Matt Tongue - still pops up at competitions now and again and last I heard he was back working with Pashley after leaving for a while. Still riding obviously.

Libor Karas - got a visa and a job in the States.

Will Cogger? - couldn't give a monkeys really.

Edited by MrsMonkey