Blug

Fish-Finger-er

ok, with my view to capture a fair few events on camera this year, thought itd be best to sort out the runnings of a site now, rather than get bogged down with it later, so just making sure it all works now. ready for when i get some real media to stick up on there.

criticism of photography or layout or workings of the site more than welcome.

Blug site v1.0

Link works now...

The site is ok, although I wouldn't really call it a site, more of a photo album. It is ok as it stand although if I was left to it, wack some more pages up and some info (Y)

yea, im not so much calling it a site, it is pretty much a photo album, but know i can make textual pages ok, just making sure the picture galleries etc work ok, and look tidy. never really understood how to upload stuff before. so its just kind of making sure everything works, ready for when ive got more photos etc.

yea, im not so much calling it a site, it is pretty much a photo album, but know i can make textual pages ok, just making sure the picture galleries etc work ok, and look tidy. never really understood how to upload stuff before. so its just kind of making sure everything works, ready for when ive got more photos etc.

Fair enough (Y)

Looks pretty similar to Lightbox, the Adobe app. I like it.

assuming mac equivalent of lightroom is lightbox then jon??

then yes it does, mainly cos it was designed an created using it and there pre sets, so was a total doddle to do, but compared to the last built in photo album creator i used, this one has a key difference, it actually works once its online

Haha sorry, I meant Lightroom.

Just me being an idiot and calling it Lightbox.

Anyway, I really like the design, and you got some nice shots in there too, the whole "if it aint broke, don't fix it" phrase comes to mind regarding the fact it's just a Lightroom online gallery preset, as it still looks cool as f**k!!

Why waste time hand coding (like me) when you can just export it and be done with it!!

It's all good man.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad points:

Just above the controls (forward, back, play etc) the cursor disappears.

The B.L.U.G photography logo in the top left looks a bit to plain, and not in keeping with the modern design.

Good points:

Loots lush and modern, and i like the little red loading bar. Also the picture of the Grey clouds with a bean of lights looks amazing!