The Pedal Hop

Thamks for the comment. I've been practicing every day pretty much. I can just about get the back wheel off the ground when I attempt it but the height on it is so small, you can hear the tyre scrapping the floor while the back wheel is spinning :lol:. Anyone have any tips on how to get more height as well? All posts will be of some help.

Edited by whostheman_121

A good kick on the pedal will get the front wheel up, now before thinking just hop straight up and relese the brake in the air and grab it again before landing. do this a couple of times so you know where your balance and now hit the pedals before you jump in the air. this should shout you forward.

keep on trying, one day youll get it!

it took me a couple of months to get it spot on

Good Luck!

Flubber:D

hey

try doing pedal strokes holding it on the back wheel letting the front drop a little then brig it up agian, this will help your confidence and balence the when you are ready befor you pedal stroke just put a hop in as it is the same thing hope this helps bud (Y)

Thanks a lot. I might start trying that to practice the old balancing. I would like to add that I'm fine with the braking when I have shots at pedal hopping. It's just the balancing and the hopping aspects of it that I'm strugging with. Any more tips on this? Thanks in advance to all posts. (Y)

ok start at the begining and just get used to pedaling onto the back wheel, locking the brake and finding the sweet spot on the back wheel. then get used to the motion of pedal ,in little jabs, brake ,pedal,brake,pedal,brake so on so forth...

then when you got that down get onto the back wheel pedal hard and as you do so tuck up your legs a little way and pull up with you arms a little bit and push forward then pump down lock the brake and repeat.

or just watch videos on youtube and see how people do them.

hope that helped

I started by holding both brakes and trying to rock onto my front wheel and then use the falling momentum to get on my back wheel... because I couldn't pedal up to back wheel. I would hold my back brake and try to bounce. The best thing I did, though, was to start releasing the brake and kicking just a tiny bit for just a tiny second each time that I would hop. Now, I wasn't trying to go forward at all, but rather using the torque of the crank to boost me up. A day or so later.... I was hopping forward and it took much less energy than bouncing in place with both brakes held. Good luck. I assure you that it is worth the time!

Also, flex as much as you can with your calves... they do a lot of the bouncing work to send your body up, then pulling the bike becomes much easier.

something like that or like this

Any way good luck... Trials only gets better after that....

Edited by TrashZen

Well i have been riding nearly half a year now i and picked it up well just be patient.

The further you pedal the further you will go.

But to get more height you just need to lift it up a bit more practise this buy bach hopping and then you should have it down.

Hope this has helped you. Keeep riding. Matt

Edited by pengsmelly

hi iv been ridin about... 1 month befor christmas and just got back in to it so now after christmas iv been ridin 1 month and i can pedal hop about a full lenth of a bike.

i also ride with realy good riders i just watch them and just pick up from them just watch your local trials friends it helps.

cheers jake

Also, flex as much as you can with your calves... they do a lot of the bouncing work to send your body up, then pulling the bike becomes much easier.

something like that or like this

Any way good luck... Trials only gets better after that....

This guy has got it spot on. I also would say treat...

www.trashzen.com

...like your bible its making life a dream for me. Really would suggest reading through that as its got me improving ten-folds everyday!! Pedal hops aren't easy, I'm trying and seem to be at a similar stage but I also find that by practising it rolling a bit more and getting up curbs and stuff you can get the feel then its just practise...practise...practise

This guy has got it spot on. I also would say treat...

www.trashzen.com

...like your bible its making life a dream for me. Really would suggest reading through that as its got me improving ten-folds everyday!! Pedal hops aren't easy, I'm trying and seem to be at a similar stage but I also find that by practising it rolling a bit more and getting up curbs and stuff you can get the feel then its just practise...practise...practise

beat me to it :lol:

just keep doing what your doing now, you will just get better.

watch videos of other riders...

try and ride with as many riders as possible, ask them to help you. alot easier to help someone one to one rather over a forum.