Serious Puncture Problem

Alex-Mitchinson

I have had 4 punctures within the last 2 days, they have all been on the inner part of the inner tube and quite near each other, very small holes and therefore slow punctures. Would probably not put this down to bad luck or karma.

Have cleaned inside of rim, rim tape, tube (inc new tube), and tyre.

Any suggestions please?

Alex.

Edited by alexmitcho

That is called a "Rim Pinch" Some call it "Pinch Flat". It is where the tyre and the tube pinch together on the corner of something.

The only reason i can think it happening so often is that:

A - You are running your tyres to soft and landing to heavy.

B - Your using rubbish inner tubes/Tyres.

Dan.............

Its undoubtedly a pinch a flat he's getting if there are two very small holes very close together. Imagine landing on a corner of a object hard, there is little air pressure, the tyre is squashing the inner tube against the walls on the rim and 'pinching' them. That's why he's getting two small holes because it's happening on both sides of the walls on the rim.

Can only suggest getting a better tyre with thicker sidewall or, this is my option, I just bought a kenda rear bmx tube that is 2.25mm thick. It weighs abit more but I dont have to keep repairing it, and I can run ludicrously low pressures. Oh and its cheaper.

Its undoubtedly a pinch a flat he's getting if there are two very small holes very close together. Imagine landing on a corner of a object hard, there is little air pressure, the tyre is squashing the inner tube against the walls on the rim and 'pinching' them. That's why he's getting two small holes because it's happening on both sides of the walls on the rim.

Can only suggest getting a better tyre with thicker sidewall or, this is my option, I just bought a kenda rear bmx tube that is 2.25mm thick. It weighs abit more but I dont have to keep repairing it, and I can run ludicrously low pressures. Oh and its cheaper.

I think thats what it is, have been running lower pressures recently.

Yeh i might give that a go, where did you get that tube from?

Cheers for the reply

Put some more rim tape over the original rim tape. See how it goes then.

Already got electrical tape and the rubber tape which comes standard, but i suppose another layer of tape wouldn't hurt.

Cheers.

Edited by alexmitcho

I call pinch flats Snake bites

There is a difference. But both equally frustrating.

[edit] i should really explain. you can't get a snake bite (2 wholes) from a tyre fold puncture. therefore a pinch.

Edited by eskimo