Tyre Problem

mairomaster

I have a little problem whit my new bike. When I fill up my rear tyre, it comes out of the rim. The tyre is Maxxis High Roller 2.5 (8 months old) , Echo rear rim 2007(new) , Inner tube 2.35. Please help me.

hey there mate its ok i some times have this problem with new tyres and so on but what i do is hold the tyre in so i cant come out and pump away:D

hope it made sence and helped!

Does it come out in the holes in the rim, or between the tire and the rim?

If it comes out in the holes in the rim, it's totally normal, but you need a rimtape to cover!

If it comes out between the tire and the rim, buy a new tire which is 2.35 or 2.50, and 2ply!

Strange as Maxxis tyres are usually damn tight to fit! I take it you mean that when you pump it up, the tyre unseats the rim (pops out)? Check if the steel bead in the tyre is not split (You'd know because it would be really easy to bend the tyre!) Does the tyre bead have a kink in it? If so, using you're hands only try to re-shape it! This is a problem you commonly find with cheapy tyres/rims (Which you certainly don't have) and racing bikes with narrow tyres.

Put a bit of air in then roll the tyre from side to side to re-seat it! then add more air! In theory Maxxis should be very tight!