Freewheel

pengsmelly

Go for the try-all free wheel, Put 2 more feet on my gapping. And you get the tool with it too. (Y)

There is no way that a new freewheel can add that much distance to your gap, unless the freewheel you had before was blown in half! You have obviously just got better at gapping through practice!

And... There is no way, not even if you went from that to a chris king that you would gap 2 foot further so don't talk bullsh*t!

its actually true mate, he is not chatting rubbish. these freewheels are mint, i know that it might sound silly about him gapping further with it but its all true.

cheers lou.

Edited by flas12345

its actually true mate, he is not chatting rubbish. these freewheels are mint, i know that it might sound silly about him gapping further with it but its all true.

cheers lou.

Ok but its defying newton's law haha, I'm sure he just got better through practice but if you say so...

Edited by harmertrials

I'm sure he just got better through practice but if you say so...

well when he kicks at the pedals there would be less movement until an engagement point.

therefore meaning that it will engage quicker, making him able to gap a bit bigger...

but 2 foot?!?!

Edited by Grant H

Is there actually any point in front free wheels?

I always read/hear about peoples freewheels breaking and constantly skipping.

Just get a decent hub??

Don't get as many complaints about any freewheeling hub.

It's basically the only option for me as I have a 26" Mod (116mm dropouts). All the Freehubs are either shite or very expensive (Chris King). So I opted for a Zoo! fixed hub and a Tensile front freewheel. The Tensile is doing fine (touch wood) (Y)

Another good thing about them is they are reasonably cheap to replace and if they break you don't need to rebuild your wheel.

fair enough.

I can see what you mean by them being cheaper, but if they break as easy as it sounds then you might aswell fork out for a chris king? or any decent hub such as a profile hub.

Edited by Grant H

And... There is no way, not even if you went from that to a chris king that you would gap 2 foot further so don't talk bullsh*t!

a try-all Ffw has 108 engagement points on it, meaning a engagement every 2 degrees of rotation. this means that you can kick harder and your rear wheel will go further. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Chris

if you thinck about it a freewheel should be stronger in theory as it has a larger freewheel diameter unlike a freehub, i have a tryall freewheel and i would never go back to a freehub again (Y)

moza

Edited by moza