Camera Troubles

MikeCottTrials

Ive just come to my camera to get some clips off using a firewire cable but for some reason the footage wont transfer onto the computer, instead all i get is a blank screen (black) and the computer says no frames where transfered or something. At first i thought it maybe the tape but ive tried another one and i had the same problem so it must be either the camera or the settings on the computer, does anyone have any ideas or better yet know what could be causing this?

Edited by MikeCottTrials

Ive just come to my camera to get some clips off using a firewire cable but for some reason the footage wont transfer onto the computer, instead all i get is a blank screen (black) and the computer says no frames where transfered or something. At first i thought it maybe the tape but ive tried another one and i had the same problem so it must be either the camera or the settings on the computer, does anyone have any ideas or better yet know what could be causing this?

What are you using to transfer ? As in. Adobe | Pinnacle | Movie Maker | etc ?

Dan..........

Too little information. When the camera is connected and playing, do you see an image in the capture window in Premiere?

nope its just a blank screen on the preview, however if you open the viewer on the camera it appears to be playing as normal. So if you understand what i mean you press play on the preview thing on the computer but that screen remains black even though the viewer on the camera plays it normally

I guess it's something to do with your firewire card or the DV cable.

For further troubleshooting, try connecting the camera to a DVD player or TV through the digital output. If everything works, the problem lies in your PC hardware. If it still doesn't work I guess there must be a bad connection inside the camera.