Getting My Disc Brake To Work Better

grantallsop

Hey... I just bought an avid bb7 203mm with a shimano xt lever, and i was wondering what everyone does to make thme better because mine dosen't seem to be working as good as i thought. I have tryed using disc brake cleaner it only makes a slight difference.

Thanks

Grant (Y)

I'm currently having problems with my hope mono mini disk brake: It has a goodridge hose, a new bore cap, a new top cap, also has fresh pads and a new bleed. It has cost me over £200 and it just wont hold. I've tried all sorts and now I’m giving up and going back to a magura. I know its not a trials specific brake but I thought a mono mini would hack it, obviously not.

I agree with a lot of people in this topic bed the break in(as explained well by N.Wood), also you can put some lubricant like WD40 or grease down the cable to get a better pull and response. (Y)

Just dont get wd40 on the disk :P

Hey... I just bought an avid bb7 203mm with a shimano xt lever, and i was wondering what everyone does to make thme better because mine dosen't seem to be working as good as i thought. I have tryed using disc brake cleaner it only makes a slight difference.

Thanks

Grant (Y)

Dont do anything, just ride it and it will bed in and eventually be awesome. If you do the thing with hill and water you can put a glaze on your pads and that will make your brake worse. I have found just letting it bed in by itself to be the best. Also change your leaver to a sd7 they are better.

Dont do anything, just ride it and it will bed in and eventually be awesome. If you do the thing with hill and water you can put a glaze on your pads and that will make your brake worse. I have found just letting it bed in by itself to be the best. Also change your leaver to a sd7 they are better.

Cheers everyone... the lever i have is amazing now and the brake is working a lot better after i tryed most of the things that people said was a good thing to do to it.

Thanks for the comments (Y)