Magazine

T_PRO

like he said there was one back in the day, but now all you get is a page or 2 in MBUK. just look around the forums to find out news and releses etc, as even if there was a mag, the news would be on the forum ages before anyone could get it into a mag. hope i helped (Y)

actually there is a bike magazine, its called 'biketrials'. the only thing is you have to subscribe to it online or by phone and this is the only way you can have this magazine. personally i think this sucks but what i can do.

cheers lou.

:blink: i thought that biketrials had gone bust because i used to get it well only one issue through the post and it stoppped coming and then you couldn't get through to anyone to see what was happening (dead line) and i can't find it online or anywhere, i know billy's in cambridge used to sell it but even they thought it had gone bust

For about eight months there was a magazine called 'Trialsworld'. Unfortunately due to the lack of interest the company went bust in December 2006. I have every issue at home as I subscribed to a years worth of issues. I only received eight of the twelve I subscribed to so I received a free pair of 661 race gloves. 'Trialsworld' still only had about ten pages on cycle trials but was great for motorbike trials. The quality of the magazine was outstanding and that may also of led to them going bust: It had really thick glossy paper and was really colorful.

Anyway, I agree that a magazine true to trials should be produced on a monthly basis but I doubt it will, mainly because not many issues will be sold and the company's profits will be tiny. They would be better off producing another mountain biking magazine so they can make more money.

The BMX crowd have a downloadable magazine called passion. It might be worthwhile someone starting something like that. People reporting on different town's scenes etc.

I know it might attract a lot of rubbish but something where people sent in their own articles and then a few people could put it together into a pdf may work...

The only prob i can see is a lot of the info is already available online and so a downloadable mag might be a waste of time. I know here in Stratford a lot of the bmxers read it and contribute a bit (i think). And it would kind of collate everything into one easily downloadable file.

Also good for publishing pics in if your particularly proud of something!!!

Tom

If anyone wants to check it out here is the URL

http://www.passionbmx.co.uk/

Wouldn't take much to get it going i dont think.

If anyone that wanted to submit articles for proof reading did so I'm sure a few people could put it together fairly easily!!!And it would only need to come out once monthly,or every 2 months.

Edited by strat-trials

The other thing possible is what I receive on surfing. It is a weekly newsletter, it contains a small bit of info but you could make them larger. Whoever chooses to do it would make it a subscribe business. This could be paid for and then this could subsidise the start of a magazine. The other option I thought of is why doesn’t someone approach MBUK (someone with a bit of a background in the industry, Perhaps an admin ^_^). They would perhaps help with funding or production even. They are part of the huge company Myfavouritemagazines. They're loaded. I’m sure there is a niche in an ever growing area of biking. Perhaps it’s a dragons den idea?

The other thing possible is what I receive on surfing. It is a weekly newsletter, it contains a small bit of info but you could make them larger. Whoever chooses to do it would make it a subscribe business. This could be paid for and then this could subsidise the start of a magazine. The other option I thought of is why doesn’t someone approach MBUK (someone with a bit of a background in the industry, Perhaps an admin ^_^). They would perhaps help with funding or production even. They are part of the huge company Myfavouritemagazines. They're loaded. I’m sure there is a niche in an ever growing area of biking. Perhaps it’s a dragons den idea?

that is a plan. just need a smart well presented person to blag the cash.

anyone??(you need to be over eighteen)

Thanks everyone,

I know about the section in MBUK that deals with bike trials, I buy MBUK because I'm also into cross country mounting biking.

I think a downloadable magazine would be a very good idea. (Y)

Thanks everyone,

I know about the section in MBUK that deals with bike trials, I buy MBUK because I'm also into cross country mounting biking.

I think a downloadable magazine would be a very good idea. (Y)

There is a new magazine called Trid its brilliant theres only one every two monhs but its al about trials they sell it in some shops but not all so if you want it i would say your best going to the cleanbikes site and getting there number because i no you can do something were you pay a sertant amout and they send it to you every two months.cleanbikes

Sam

actually there is a bike magazine, its called 'biketrials'. the only thing is you have to subscribe to it online or by phone and this is the only way you can have this magazine. personally i think this sucks but what i can do.

cheers lou.

Biketrials haven't made a magazine for years now.

Matt Rushton