Monty 221 Ti 2007

MOSH

Hello guys/girls, I havent had my monty for long now and all was going well until today. I bought a new chain,grips and changed my pedals over gave everything a clean and took it for a ride then came the bang checked it over and noticed that the rear disc has actually cracked across 4 points. Just wondering has anyone else had similar problems or any problems at all with there monty '07 the rear disc is a monty/hope brake and I have never hit or landed on the disc. Could this be that a rear disc isnt up to the pounding or that the disc itself is a manufacturing problem. I know one thing its going back to hope first thing tomorrow with a bad note (N)

Comments please people,

Josh.

theres no need for a "bad note" you werent hurt were you? you've got to think how much stress you put into a disk before you can really rant, i'd be pissed etc but hope are prety awesome so i wouldn't worry about it etc

Thanks for your replys, I have used the old mono trial rotor from my echo and it seems ok and it hasnt even bedded in, so should be good when it has. I sent the old rotor off on friday so I will wait to see what they say about that and let you know how I get on.

P.s. Matt I have started dieting ... so should you :P

Yep mine did it to just replaced it with an original Hope Trial rotor, which actually works better on the rear.

Exactly what this chap was on about! pay the extra money for the Hope Trials and you will feel and see the difference because hope dont normally fail on you but if they did they would sort you out with another one if it was still under warranty! (like my pro2) they dont hesitate just explain the case on an e-mail or letter etc. and they will just send you a new one :)

THANKS CARL