British Biketrial Federation Formed.

BikeTrial Federation

NEWS UPDATE.

By now many of you will have received your news letter along with the Bracken Rocks event results and Blackpool event entry form. Blackpool is shaping up into something special. Hope the weather supports the decision to lay on an ice cream van!

Since the news letter has been published two important events have occurred;

Biketrial U.K. has taken the decision to form a new federation, to be called the

“British Biketrial Federation”. Our concept of allowing competitors to compete without a licence, therefore allowing competitors to ride together regardless of whether they hold a BIU or a UCI licence has been received positively by many International competition organisers. Primarily we will be focusing on our U.K. series for 2007, but in 2008 plans are in place to offer riders looking for a no – nonsense ride at events organised overseas at interesting venues.

British Cycling have authorised the British Biketrial Federation to organise and run competitions to select future team members for the 2008

UCI World Championships. A series of events will be organised in 2008, no licence will be required, only those ultimately selected and wishing to compete in the World Championships need acquire a licence.

Keep an eye on our web site; we are dedicated to putting the fun back into trials.

i mean like if someone breaks an ankle then tries to sue you...

OK, I see where you’re coming from. In the sporting environment organisers are protected by insurance as well as competitors, there are disclaimers on entry forms that competitors sign holding safe the organisers of an event. I suppose if you took it to the N’th degree anyone can sue for anything, but every foreseeable eventuality is covered.

As a matter of intertest, if you happened to break your ankle whilst competing at any trials event and decided to sue, what would, (or could), form the basis of your claim?

I take it this is yet to be decided?

Taken diectly from HERE

27/04/07 NBTC - UCI Championship Series 2008

The organiser of the NBTC club has arranged with British Cycling to run a British UCI Championship series for them in 2008. The overall results to choose the British UCI Trials Team.

Keeping to the BikeTrial Federation's policy of "no-licence needed", the events will be held in our usual easy to enter format; you do NOT need a UCI licence or even British Cycling licence to enter these UK events. Only those chosen to attend World events need think about licences.

UK National Championship Series 2008

This year's championship will go forward into 2008 with prime venues around the UK, in its easy to enter format, and running to BikeTrial rules. No licences, no memberships, just enter the comps!

World National Championship Series 2008

Colleagues around the world have expressed interest in our trials competition format and discussion is currently taking place with a view to a no-nonsence World Championship Series in 2008.

OUR SOLE AIM IS TO GET YOU RIDING AND ENJOYING COMPETITIONS - WITHOUT THE HASSLE!

Edited by rugbyman

As a matter of intertest, if you happened to break your ankle whilst competing at any trials event and decided to sue, what would, (or could), form the basis of your claim?

i have no idea, i was just using it as an example

but seems you have already taken this into consideration so its irrelivent anyways

Bloody hell how big is this gonna be ?????? that has hopefully just taken British trials to a new level.

I went to watch a display in blackpool before I even knew what trials was and the passing crouds were huge so lets hope this has the same affect.

Roll on

I need me some of those posters to put up at Robs school, work and all over the place.

JP

Bloody hell how big is this gonna be ?????? that has hopefully just taken British trials to a new level.

I went to watch a display in blackpool before I even knew what trials was and the passing crouds were huge so lets hope this has the same affect.

Roll on

I need me some of those posters to put up at Robs school, work and all over the place.

JP

Hopefully the event will be supported by some foreign riders; invitations have been sent to the major factories. KOXX have responded by advertising the event on KOXX.FR, you can view the page HERE.

We have received Emails in response to the poster offering to display it in many other Nations. Blackpool is easily accessible for European visitors; if some attend it could turn the trial into a true spectacle, worth watching even if you don’t intend to ride.

sound, iv sent my entry yesterday, 1st class so i hope it makes the dedline. its unusual to have the closing date so far away from the comp,

rob

I am guessing that this is because there is so much to do for this one as it is gonna be a very high profile event.

whens the closing date? I havnt sent my entery in yet

From the website www.biketrialuk.co.uk

It's our policy to never refuse an entry if there's room for the rider, in this case, entries have already started coming in and we may have no option but to close the entry if too many arrive. Nearly 300 entry forms have been sent out, so if you want to ride we recommend that you return your form as soon as possible! If entry does have to close, it will be noted on here immediately so keep a watch. The form does say closing date of 6th May to help you to get a move on with it, but they were posted out later than intended - if in doubt phone 07850 505298 to check (evenings please before 9.30pm).