Www.trials-uk.com - New Pics / Riders Back After Injury!

ritch_trialsuk

Hi people

The last time I posted on this site was to ask about advice for back problems: See post here. I had suffered a back injury back in January that I thought could possibly stop me from riding trials again, it was horrendous. But after months of resting, then cross-country, fitness work, physio etc I finally got back on the bike last month. Now I am almost 75-80% fit and starting to actually rride proper trials again. Thought I would write this just as a word of encouragement to anyone who is faced with a crippling back injury which can be really depressing. Got lots of really good advice from people on this site who pointed at a number of possible causes. Stopping short of changing to a longer bike, (it was suggested that the short leeson 660 caused a cramped riding style, however after much careful thought I decided i loved the bike way to much to change it :D), I have changed every other aspect of the riding and preperation. 1-2 mile walk / ride to warm up, proper stretch routene, hot water bottle on the base of my back before and after every session etc etc and it has made all the difference. Also gone for a grind on the rear now that allows a much more aggresive riding style, keeping the bike more upright during drops / gaps which takes the strain off the back. Much fitter and stronger how so hopefully all this combined will let me, Glynn and Ross have a really good year of riding. Our last video was over a year ago!!! Download here, we hope to have a new video out by the end of the month and at least 3-4 more this year. We are all about 20x better riders now just been really unlucky with injury. :angry: Anyway sorry bout the essay!!!

Got some new goodies for the bike as well.

Check out the pics: click here

More pics of the new bike: click here

Cheers all

Ritch

www.trials-uk.com

post-1054-1178464404_thumb.jpg

post-1054-1178464430_thumb.jpg

Edited by ritch_trialsuk

Awsome mate

Sorry didnt text you - but the pictures look amazing wish i could have made it.

Great improvement since last week

Cant wait till we ride this week

Take it easy mate :D

Edit: wait for the helmet abuse :P

Edited by RealRiding

Edit: wait for the helmet abuse :P

Ah yeh but whenever i wear a helmet i always always crash and badly injury every part of my body but my head!!! Usually flip outs, hopefully that wont happen with the new setup. And also to be fair I did go home and get the helmet for the more hardcore quarry session later in the day.

My bad, be gentle with me people.

Cheers

Ritch

Damn nice bike you have there! Makes me jelous :P

What did you do to your back anyway?

Cheers dude, bikes pretty old school compared to all these new crazy bikes but i absolutely love it.

Well had a few bad crashes where the brake slipped out during a gap to a wall, landed on the base of my back on the edge of the wall, then another bigger gap with another flip out. All seemed ok but then in the winter I went for a ride, when I came back it suddenly seized up, couldnt bend forward at all. That went away quite quick after about a week then about a month later did a 90' pedal up onto a 2ft wall :$ and the back just went, big time! Couldnt walk for about a week, and months of constant pain. Basically i dont think the flip out crashes were to blame, i think lack of stretching and warming up was the main cause, really stupid i know but i suspect i am not the only one to not properly warm / stretch up before riding. When ur 15 - 20 years old u can prob get away with it, but im 22 now not able to take the abuse that i used to.

you seem quite tall (by the pictures) and on such a short bike, do u reckon that does your back any good?

being so hunched up cant be doing you any good, my opinion is a longer bike would help the situation, however i understand that your riding style would have to adapt or change completely.

but i get such bad back pains riding mod or short stock that i cry like a bitch.

a thought....good pics though

Cheers James.

Its called cheesewring, up on Bodmin moor. Pretty sweet place to ride. The only problem is its very rarely dry apart from the summer and the rocks are so damn slippery when its wet. All good fun though. :D

you seem quite tall (by the pictures) and on such a short bike, do u reckon that does your back any good?

being so hunched up cant be doing you any good, my opinion is a longer bike would help the situation, however i understand that your riding style would have to adapt or change completely.

but i get such bad back pains riding mod or short stock that i cry like a bitch.

a thought....good pics though

Hi mate. Thats what a lot of people said originally. Im about 5, 10". Thing is I love the Leeson so much id be a bit lost of a really long bike. I also ride BMX which is even shorter. I think as long as I warm / stretch up and down really well it should be fine. Back problems are an absolute bitch, cant do anything without aggrevating a bad back.

Hey porter i remeber talking to you about that tor and others in the area on msn

You should get your ass down here:P

Only haf hour from plymouth so not far from you.

Need some new faces to ride with.