Thinkbikes.com - Spode Does San Fransisco

spode@thinkbikes

As I've now moved to a Simtra frame for my street riding (still sticking with KOT for my demo bike), I thought I best get this video done and dusted.

This was all filmed in October 2006 in San Fransisco and I've been trying to edit the thing up since then LOL. I had a few extra days after a press launch and decided to bring my bike along. The first ride, 4 or 5 people turned up and they were all really cool guys. They showed me all the local spots and I had a great time. I then went out and bought myself a video camera as I felt it would really be worth filming some of it.

With the help of Jonny B, a friend of SurlyJoe who I was staying with, we got it filmed.

Not some of my best riding, but it's all taken in one day. It was incredibly hot compared to England, so I was jet-lagged and definitely not acclimatised. Still, it's nice to see where I've improved and where I've slipped.

http://www.thinkbikes.com/media/thinkbikessanfran.avi (50MB, XVid+MP3)

Owwww I'm jealous, why do to always go to such nice places . What am I doing wrong with myself. Good video, looks a interesting place to ride. I'll probably see you, we must ride again young man!!

:wub:

Nice video Spodulous! Good editing, liking the bits inbetween riding, makes a vid good! Good riding too.

Bit at the end was funny, looks like a small wall *zooms out* Faaacking 'elll! Mad tings.

Yeah, wouldn't catch me doing that in a hurry. It's not particularly skillful, just dangerous...

Bloody dangerous! and to think you wouldnt do that big step down behind Blackfriars station 2weeks ago. Mind you, the stuff you were doing there is a big step up from what you were doing at southbank/tate modern. Ace riding, Ace soundtrack, average video quailty. shame that one of the best combo flick moves you pulled was captured at night.

Bloody dangerous! and to think you wouldnt do that big step down behind Blackfriars station 2weeks ago. Mind you, the stuff you were doing there is a big step up from what you were doing at southbank/tate modern. Ace riding, Ace soundtrack, average video quailty. shame that one of the best combo flick moves you pulled was captured at night.

Yeah, well that wasn't me! It was Paul... I'm scared of heights (and rightly so).

Yeah, the video was bleached annoyingly and the lens was dirty (not my camera).

And that 270-90 gap came out really nicely, but too dark. It's tempted to re-render it with brightness up - it looks fine on my monitor, but crap on my TV.

As Pete says, I'm not sure about the music either. I chose it because I thought the beat really fitted the intro, which is what I was going for. But the problem with Progressive Rock is that it tends to change a lot. And the fact it changes so much, it didn't quite work. But I was in too deep to change it really and I felt if I didn't finish it last night - I'd never finish it!!!

Nice vid very chilled, San Fracisisco is such a cool but weird place. Went there 3 years ago for amonth and was stunned by the amount of different people there. Still to this very day don't know why I didn't take my bike >_<

Did you see the gorrilla?

Nice vid very chilled, San Fracisisco is such a cool but weird place. Went there 3 years ago for amonth and was stunned by the amount of different people there. Still to this very day don't know why I didn't take my bike >_<

Did you see the gorrilla?

I did see the Gorilla!

"That's a 1500 dollar Gorilla! Stop jumping over it!!" :P