Anodized Bolts

You cannot annodize steel.Therefore the bolts are not annodized as they wouldn't be aliminium.

Max darling, they are alloy. Annodized alllllllll the colours of the rainbow.

They're weaker than stainless steel bolts though, so greasing the threads is highly recomended to ensure the threads go in smoothly without being damaged to make sure they last a respectable amount of time.

It's probably also worth noting that alloy bolts will fatigue over time so they will not last indefinitely.

Max darling, they are alloy. Annodized alllllllll the colours of the rainbow.

They're weaker than stainless steel bolts though, so greasing the threads is highly recomended to ensure the threads go in smoothly without being damaged to make sure they last a respectable amount of time.

It's probably also worth noting that alloy bolts will fatigue over time so they will not last indefinitely.

Well thats a rip off then, f**k using alloy bolts. Crappppp.

Well thats a rip off then, f**k using alloy bolts. Crappppp.

Well they're lighter, and if used in sensible places, you shouldn't have to worry about them.

i.e. lever clamp bolts, lever blade bolts, headset top cap etc

I bought some to fit my hope lever clamp, they are wank. It wasnt even tight on and it ripped the threads straight out and yes it did use grease on the threads. Don't mix aluminium with aluminium.. I had to re-tap mine to a size bigger and used steel cap screws (Y)

I bought some to fit my hope lever clamp, they are wank. It wasnt even tight on and it ripped the threads straight out and yes it did use grease on the threads. Don't mix aluminium with aluminium.. I had to re-tap mine to a size bigger and used steel cap screws (Y)

so it went as soon as you Tinted them

Sounds like hamfistery to me...

It's pretty hard to rip the threads out of the lever itself even with steel bolts.

No offence if you put it in correctly just sounds like you've not been careful enough.

It's pretty hard to rip the threads out of the lever itself even with steel bolts.

No offence if you put it in correctly just sounds like you've not been careful enough.

i would have thought having steel bolts would rip the threads out easier as steel is harder.

the bolts would strip easier if they were a soft aluminium though

i would have thought having steel bolts would rip the threads out easier as steel is harder.

That's what I said :mellow:

depends what the threads are made out of

besides alus bolts are SOOOO 1990's

Carbon fibre bolts (also ftl)

I'd use them on the same sorta stuff I'd use alloy bolts on. Just I don't have the £££££££££s to waste haha

So many people worry about how there bike looks instead of how it rides, the anodised bolts are pointless waste of money. Alu bolts are so shit, my gasgas comes standard with them to help keep weight down and there are a pain in neck they round of so easily.

so it went as soon as you Tinted them

erm yeh pretty much :huh:

No honestly they wern't tight at all, it was starting to get tighter then all of a sudden it just went really easy and the thread inside was messed up.

And im normally carefull about these sorts of things :( ( No offence taken :P )

whats the point in buying anodized bolts when there is allways permanent marker and spraypaint lying about in any DIY shop near you

Because they're lighter, look better, and the anodising also makes their surface harder.

erm yeh pretty much :huh:

No honestly they wern't tight at all, it was starting to get tighter then all of a sudden it just went really easy and the thread inside was messed up.

And im normally carefull about these sorts of things :( ( No offence taken :P )

Just unlucky then I guess? I don't imagine the Tarty boys would sell them if that were a common occurance.

Because they're lighter, look better, and the anodising also makes their surface harder.

Just unlucky then I guess? I don't imagine the Tarty boys would sell them if that were a common occurance.

Naa its probably just by bad luck :( , don't know if this has happened to anyone else though :ermm: ?