Help Got A New Monty Bb

shansen

You will need a tool a normal bottom bracket tool should do any decent bike shop should be able to sell you one failing that any good bike shop should be able to fit the bottom bracket for you. There not that hard to fit. You just need to be very carefull well threading the cups in. There is a certain order you must follow and if i remeber correctly it is non drive side half in then drive side full in and then non drive side full in and make sure both cups are as tight as you can get them.

I no its not a very clear explanation but with a bb tool i think you will strugle anyway.

Hope this vage advice helps a little.

Joe

Yeah, that's the old style FAG ones (brand name not a derogatory remark!). I expect Malcolm Rathmell could sort you out with a tool although I used to use one of those metal jar opener things on my old X-Hydra! Kinda like that one:

1300.jpg

Except it had rounded locating lugs which fitted the BB perfectly!

Dave

ok yeah i cant really use a screw driver as its made of plastic i think it will go through may be the local bike shop will have a tool doutfull though...

Well the best place to start looking for a tool is where ever bought it from. I would have thought that was obvious so try where ever you got it from. If you cant find one just use something you can find in garage and a hammer (solves everything does the hammer) and it will be orite. OO i tell you what you could use what i would have though would be ok is a pair of pipe grips.