Flat Vs. Riser Bars

J-B

I have flat onza bars and maybe thats why I find it a struggle to keep the front up after a gap or pedalup or whatever. Maybe I should try these riser bars

Just get a couple more stackers under your stem, it also could be your skill level

Well my bike has a maybe too long feeling to it, and im not an entirely strong rider. I think riser bars are next on my list.

Have you tried tilting the bars back a bit just so that it will feel a bit shorter

i've used echo flats and they were sweet to ride with, and i'm currently using zoo! risers which are also sweet to ride with, so IMO they're both good either way, probably just what ever you think looks nicer i guess.

i was struggling to get up stuff on my flat bars, so i found some riser bars,

i found i loads easier to get up stuff and it was a lot more comfatble to ride with.

The try-all flat bars flexed like a mo-fo which i did not like the look of aswel i could just see myself gapping and them snapping and me in A&E lol

So in conclusion i think that riser bars are better, although some people find flat better its just the way they ride i would go for which fells easier for you.

Liam (Y)

QUOTE(J-B @ May 20 2007, 11:22 AM)
Hi

what is the diference between dengs flat and riser bars?how do they ride?which you prefer and why?

sorry for my english

I had riser bars but changed to flat, i would never go back! just use what u feel most comfortable with. you can allways change them again!

i've used both before and i didnt notice all that much difference to be honest ,but i did notice that stackers under the stem make a big difference and also the length of your bar effect the feel loads too .

just experiament till you find the right stlye/combo for you.

steve