Parkour

call_the_police

I don't really go out places specifically to do it (except brook jumping) I just see something in the street that I just have to jump/climb/drop...I'm better at static gaps than running though :S.

Edited by zoo

They do less damage :shifty:

Haha, come on now that's not an argument :P

Seriously though, if we're comparing the two I still think trials is by far more impressive as a spectator sport than parkour. Don't get me wrong I know it's skilled but it's all a bit gymnastics which is nothing new to most people, trials still has the edge of the "wow" factor for me personally!

Plus mountain bikes are cool, and look pretty and we can spend time working on them which makes us manly. Instead of a "post pics of your bike" thread a parkour forum would have a "post pics of your shoes" thread, all a bit girly innit?

Davey

Haha, come on now that's not an argument :P

Seriously though, if we're comparing the two I still think trials is by far more impressive as a spectator sport than parkour. Don't get me wrong I know it's skilled but it's all a bit gymnastics which is nothing new to most people, trials still has the edge of the "wow" factor for me personally!

Plus mountain bikes are cool, and look pretty and we can spend time working on them which makes us manly. Instead of a "post pics of your bike" thread a parkour forum would have a "post pics of your shoes" thread, all a bit girly innit?

Davey

If you're into showing "how high I can fall" then yeah. Parquor....

BUT...

YES - Trials is a lot more impressive!

I do some parkourish stuff sometimes, no flips or anything but just jumping up/off/over things, also some gaps and stuff

My ''jumping power'' had increased quite a bit of it :)

I can now jump over 1.55m/62inch something and about 1m62/64.8inch onto something [not sure but I'm 1.82m myself and the object is just below chin height]

Biggest messured gap was 5.10m/204 inch far while running, have no idea static, but it's pretty close to that

Biggest drop is 3.5m/140inch to grass

Sidehopping is quite funny to do without a bike, feels similiar somehow though