Near Death Experience

Martin t

Erm... Not really Rock Pads fault as its the backing which has snapped, and i am pretty sure they are power pad backings backings, so really you can't blame the pad manufacturer. When you say near death experience do you mean you had to go to hospital and norrowly avoided death by the work of an exellent doctor? Or do you mean you had a fall and recken if you had fallen from an inch higher you would of died? What exactly happened to make this a "Near Death Experience"?

Edited by philking

haha, shut it phil, he obviously felt scared, i would be pissed off and abit shaken after thet, infact i was when my old rimjams did similar to that.

but yeah, find and old pad, boil it in boiling water (duh) the glue the material into that backing

Erm... Not really Rock Pads fault as its the backing which has snapped, and i am pretty sure they are power pad backings backings, so really you can't blame the pad manufacturer. When you say near death experience do you mean you had to go to hospital and norrowly avoided death by the work of an exellent doctor? Or do you mean you had a fall and recken if you had fallen from an inch higher you would of died? What exactly happened to make this a "Near Death Experience"?

Well i pay 18£ and expect my pads to last abit longer. The "death experience" means it could have snapped on anything and i could have landed with my back over a rail or similar, this time i was lucky. You say rockpads aren't responsable for this, i say they are cause they chose what backings they use and these where shit so im still going to blame them as they are reponsible for what they sell in the end.

I dont get why people are having ago at him.

FFS, his pad just snapped off which could have led to him being seriously hurt.

If that happened when you were doing 70 down the motorway in a car im sure you would be pissed off/ dead

And before people go off on one about it being nothing like it, think before you reply.

Edited by Si-man

If you would class this as a near death experience, then maybe we should have a 'Near Death Experience Thread' for everytime your brake slips, or your tyre doesn't grip. I mean, you don't ride trials to be protected from injuries. You've got to expect these sort of things happening, things break and yes you can get hurt.

I don't expect my brake to slip, but it happens and you haven't died. It's not like you were totally brakeless, you said only one pad snapped. This exact problem happened to a friend of mine with some heatsink pads and he didnt rave about almost dieing, the one pad he did still have still rubbed. He was gapping, he fell off, he didn't die. Infact he felt the bike flicking out and jumped off the back. How about we hype up your story some more like your steerer tube snapped while gapping over a 20ft drop.

I'm not sorry if that sounds like a rant but to be honest, it annoys me when people claim they could of died because of something that's happened to 20 other people.

I don't expect my brake to slip, but it happens and you haven't died. It's not like you were totally brakeless, you said only one pad snapped. This exact problem happened to a friend of mine with some heatsink pads and he didnt rave about almost dieing, the one pad he did still have still rubbed. He was gapping, he fell off, he didn't die. Infact he felt the bike flicking out and jumped off the back. How about we hype up your story some more like your steerer tube snapped while gapping over a 20ft drop.

I'm not sorry if that sounds like a rant but to be honest, it annoys me when people claim they could of died because of something that's happened to 20 other people.

Totally agree with you.

How stupid are you? There was no brake pad left on one side. As far as i know from my five years with maguras the piston that moves the easiest will move so when the other pad just lightly hits the other side of the rim the piston left will travel in the air. That means i was TOTALLY BRAKELESS, the lever travelled all the way to the bar as i mentioned above as the pad fell out completly.

"This exact problem happened to a friend of mine with some heatsink pads and he didnt rave about almost dieing, the one pad he did still have still rubbed."

This sentence has to be the most stupid ever on trials-forum, how the hell will one pad help when all the power is going to a piston that is moving in the air????? I honestly thought people think before they post something but i guess i'm wrong..