Bedding In A Bb7?

deanie-b

When I got my first one, just go for a good ride for a day, and by the end of it the brake should be working.

If you drag your brake down a hill as mentioned above, you'll just get brake fade and it wont work too well, at least mine goes crap when I drag it down a hill.

This is going to sound mega wacky, but bare with me.

I got this idea when I used to ride XC a bit. I went out with wank brakes, got muddy, came home, cleaned my bike, braked were mint. <_<

I realised that getting my rotors muddy and then riding down big hills had scrubbed up the pads and rotor. So when it came to doing my jump bikes brakes, I got a handfull of mud, rinsed some water through it to make it sticky, then rub it round your rotors. ride down the road, doing some slowing down manouvers, (non or this going up and down hills lark), get home, rinse it out really well with water and go round with the brakes on until the rotors/pads get hot enough to evapourate the water.

Some people may tell you this doesn't work. But it does. Every time.

Some people may say don't do it because it can damage your seals. Bollocks. How do you think my Dad's XC bike has done nearly 2000 miles in the muddy winter with only 2 sets of pads.

(Y)

Yep, mud does indeed work, as said earlier, DH riders use it loads to bed in breaks before races. In fact I'm sure the hope DH team use it and recommend it, in fact they even carry a little tub of good old English mud to races in dry countries just in case. haha.