What Shall I Do To This?

Just bought a onza t-pro off Ebay for 180.00 (+ 25.00 p&p) total cost 205.00 ( for the dumb people)

What shall I upgrade on it / swap/ change

Please note this is my first trials bike

Here's a picture if it works:

http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=962c1ol5.jpg

Edited by bikedude789

in my opinion it is the best first bike anyone could buy and you got it for a gr8 price (Y), they only thing if anything i would change is the stem the rise is a bit high but it is what feels comftorbal to you and mabey they forks(they weigh a metric ton lol):).

Edited by gu_lew

I would upgrade the forks. bars and stem. I am going to do the exact same to my T-Pro.

Maybe Echo Lite forks: light and at a cheap price point compared to other forks. You can also get them in a variety of different combinations of mounts (disc only, HS33 only or HS33/Disc mounts).

And for the bars and stem, Echo Team stem and Zoo! riser bars. A recommended combination for a Mod used by many riders.

I would upgrade the forks. bars and stem. I am going to do the exact same to my T-Pro.

Maybe Echo Lite forks: light and at a cheap price point compared to other forks. You can also get them in a variety of different combinations of mounts (disc only, HS33 only or HS33/Disc mounts).

And for the bars and stem, Echo Team stem and Zoo! riser bars. A recommended combination for a Mod used by many riders.

I'll probably do this its sounds like a good combination.

considering this is your first bike, i think that you should leave it standard for a while. i had my bike for around 1 month before i upgraded my bars and stem, but i only did this because the standard t-pro bars and stem gave me back pain due to me being so tall (6ft) If you are around the same hight as me i would advise you get new bars and stem, i bought a echo team stem and zoo bars, something along these lines will do fine. Then after you have all the basics such pedal hop and sidehops, then feel free to spend any spare money you may have on upgrading your bike. hope i helped you mate!

At first mate I would leave it standard but the first thing i would deffinatly change is the rear hub simply because after having loads of beginners bikes, well cheap onza's da bombs and other bikes with none sealed rear hubs I can say that if my rear hubs had not of f**ked up then i would of learnt alot faster than what i did because I was always having to checking my hub and seeing if it needed tightening. Then axels break honestly its never ending! Even if you just spent £30 on a t-master hub off tarty i really think you would benefit from it in 5 months time when you don't have to worry about cones and whatnot.

Cheers

Adam

There isnt that much need to change anything on that bike, but if you wanna then, i would suggest, getting new bar and stem, maybe echo stem with zoo bars! And maybe get a set of echo forks, and use the hs33 on the back of the forks, much better braking!

I would also change the break pads and grind the back rim! Maybe get some plaz pads on the back, and leave the front rim smooth and get Heatsink snowy pads!

Maybe new peddles, Dmr are probably the best option!

The bike is great for a begginer though!

Up to you buddy (Y)

Danny...

Just go and ride dude! i had a totally standard T-pro a few months back :$ lol upgrade it if you want but if it aint broke, then i really wouldnt worry too much about trying to fix it, just enjoy it and save your money for when something actaully goes wrong on it, then buy something nice to replace it :)

forks and freewheel and brake pads are the only things really lacking on a standard t-pro.

ride it till you're used to it then replace those bits. getting sealed hubs and new rims is a waste of money unless you break them.

Hi, if it was me i would change bars to: Zoo, Stem to:tryall fat bar clamp(cant rember what size, the bigger one of the two) Forks to: Echo lite 06 or 07( For the forks you should get 4bolt/disc as you have a magura and will need 4blot and when you want to upgrade to disc you will have the mounts you will need, this will save you plenty money), Front brake pads: onza citrus pads, Rear brake: rim Jams (for rim jams to work at their very best use a little tar with a very sharp light grind )

Matt

Edited by jsy trials matt

Please note this is my first trials bike

Then leave it, get into trials a bit and see what you think, nothing needs to be done to it if you are only starting out

But what is the point Courtney when you don't ride?, you was apparently coming to Clacton but didn't.

Have you even progressed to do a pedal hop yet?

dont change a thing at the moment, theres no point. wait until something breaks or you find you dont like the feel of certain parts

if you have an onza t pro hub on the rear and you run front freewheel then expect your hub to go wrong very soon.

no point in upgrading, there are a few people in my area who are just starting out and they keep saying i wannu get this i wannu get that, yet theres no exact point because you need to actually learn something before upgrading.

take it like this:

i still have a completely stock onza t comp, no new bars stem or forks and i can back wheel and nearly sidehop 30 inches. and im not even thinking about gettin bar,stem and forks till at least christmas, by then i would have been riding a few months over a year. so theres no point in buying these upgrades mate. and especially dont take advice from people who have never used them COURTNEY!

But what is the point Courtney when you don't ride?, you was apparently coming to Clacton but didn't.

Have you even progressed to do a pedal hop yet?

Only giving advice, calm down. Anyway, what's it got to do with you what I do. I didn't have to go Clacton, it was my choice. By the way, the pedal hop is doing just fine for me. Back off.

Oh yeah, same with you Reece. Only giving advice from what I have read and isn't that the reason some people post on this forum. ADVICE!!!

Edited by whostheman_121