Switching From Stock To Mod

bowman12

Hey there everyone. I've been riding for about 8 months and can do most things in trials, as most of you know, ive been riding a giant trials team but i have grown fond of the Mods recently.

I have £350 to spend on a mod. (2nd hand as new bikes are MIGHTY expensive) Can anyone recommend a good bike to get or if they know of someone who has one?

I have been offered a STANDARD T-mag for £200 but it does have a tensile freewheel and ZOO! pads. However, the rear rim is buckled and it needs bb, cranks and disk rotor. What do think of that?

All help is much appreciated

Thanks

Tom

For £200 it sounds OK, but you will have to spend about 100 on it.

My mate just sold a shit hot t-lite for £350, it was mainly new bits on a second hand but really good frame and fork.

The only thing wrong with it was it had a Monty 221PR front rim, doesn't really matter unless you want you rims to match.

hi there,

in total my koxx levelboss came to just under 350, percentage of it second hand (forks frame wheels brakes) but the rest more or less bought brand new.

keep shopping about on ebay, a class deal will turn your way.

Flubber:D

Dont go to mod! please. :(

Sorry dude, but I've already thought about it, and I can DEFINATLY ride a mod better than my giant!!! I'm not a short guy but the 20" wheels just feel more comfortable to me. Many people say I look too big for them but I'm not so sure.

Anyone riding exeter on monday? I'll be there on a t-pro that I'm Borrowing just to get used to the mods. Tell me what you all think. I obviously won't be riding to my limit because it's not my bike!!!

give tartybikes.co.uk an email asking them the same question and im sur ethey will recomend and good handfull of mods, or check out there website at the lower onza range as well as saracen.

The first part of that reply is a good idea!! I think I will do that because I've been offered a Zona Zip. I've ridden one before and I like it but there are a few other bikes in the for sale/wanted section that take my fancy. So I'll email and ask them what they think and if they would be a good bike for my size (5'11")

Lower Onza range and Saracen? No thanks mate. I dont need a stater bike anymore!! I'm lookin for something that i can get cheap and upgrade.

The T-pro and T-mag that i have ridden are all upgraded to the extent that only the frames are standard and I love riding them. If I bought a lower Onza range bike for £350, it would mean having to spend A LOT more money on things to make it a nicer bike.

LINKY

That is the ONLY Onza that I can afford with the £350 I have from selling my Giant, and to be honest, I've ridden the old T-bird when it was upgraded (RR Trials old bike) and it was nasty, quite possibly the worst bike I've ever ridden. (N)