Broken Cylinders ? Rim Jams

JoeEden

hi has anyone herd about the new rim jam brake pads out i dont no if it is true but somone said to me that they can brake your cylinders on the magura brakes ? but i dont no how they could brake doese anyone else no why they could brake ????? :huh:

hi has anyone herd about the new rim jam brake pads out i dont no if it is true but somone said to me that they can brake your cylinders on the magura brakes ? but i dont no how they could brake doese anyone else no why they could brake ????? :huh:

they break the 4 prongs off.

its because the backings are made of a harder metal than the cylinders and the softer metal will take the majority of strain of braking forces and therefore bend and snap off.

hope that made sense?

What the f**k.

Exactly, they have only just come out mate, why would they be redesigning them and why would they tell you if they were, surely it would just put everyone off buying the ones that are out if we all new that they were being redesigned?

Edited by KuelMuel

Exactly, they have only just come out mate, why would they be redesigning them and why would they tell you if they were, surely it would just put everyone off buying the ones that are out if we all new that they were being redesigned?

What do you mean exactley? how can you agree or disagree with a point which I havn't even made!?

They are no longer for sale on the rimjam site, apparently 'out of stock.'

My 'what the f**k' was due to the fact that they were brought out once before, with shite backings, a second time, again with backings which clearly hadn't been tested properly , and now he is re-designing again.

I'm all for product development and moving forward, but I find myself wondering exactley what they have been doing for the 'years' they have been 'developing.'

What do you mean exactley? how can you agree or disagree with a point which I havn't even made!?

They are no longer for sale on the rimjam site, apparently 'out of stock.'

My 'what the f**k' was due to the fact that they were brought out once before, with shite backings, a second time, again with backings which clearly hadn't been tested properly , and now he is re-designing again.

I'm all for product development and moving forward, but I find myself wondering exactley what they have been doing for the 'years' they have been 'developing.'

Well sorry for misinterpreting your "WTF?" <_<

First thing. Redesigning them would be to improve upon their design. If somethings failing and taking other parts with it, a redesign is quite a needed thing.

Secondly, they would tell people because its an honest and decent thing to do. Its called customer relations, if you don't give a toss you soon lose customers. Show them you care and they'll more than likely forget any little indiscretions older products might have had and will come back because you've earnt their trust.

Thirdly.... again fitting in with the second point. Selling faulty products is a very dishonest thing to do. Theres also the remifications of being liable to breakages if they were to continue selling a product that fails, meaning losing out on money.

If you don't believe any of what i've just said, heres chris's post, and yes... he is the owner of rimjam.

This problem only came apparent to me the week before last. As soon as we found out we stopped selling them, we have not sold any since and neither has Tarty.

We found that the alloy backings we deforming after heavy use, and basically the more they were used, the more the prongs would deform letting the pads move from side to side and therefore resting on the piston and eventually snapping it.

The problem is being resolved, we are currently changing to a different metal compound and thickening up the backing in places to generally add strength.

I would like to appologise for any inconvenience and i will update you all on any progress.

Chris.

i ride for rimjam and yes, the backings are being re-designed. Chris (wally) who owns the company and manufactures these pads addressed a large thread about this problem a while back in full members trials chat. He is currently sorting the new ones out and judging by the performance of the old ones there gona be awsome!