Broken Hope Ti Glide

ondschool

hhhmmmm! looks like an interesting one this mate! Did you keep an eye on your kit on a regular basis! It looks like the eyelet for the spoke has fractured at some point and this has caused the crack in your hub! Possibly over a few days/weeks! To be honest ive never seen any hub break in this way, so am only really guessing, but it seems like the most obvious explanation to me!

oh, nice!

the ratchet has probably cracked, and then when you put pressure down it was stressing the hubshell, cracklign it too.

send it back to hope (either hub or wheel) and theyl sort it out, might even do it for free, but i think they have started charging to fix stuff now.

oh, nice!

the ratchet has probably cracked, and then when you put pressure down it was stressing the hubshell, cracklign it too.

send it back to hope (either hub or wheel) and theyl sort it out, might even do it for free, but i think they have started charging to fix stuff now.

Probably BECAUSE people are sending back shit like that to be warrantied. When you use something it's not intended for, and it then breaks, you shouldn't be getting it warrantied - it's just gonna break again, because it's not intended for what you're using it for.

It happens to alot of hubs that are machined from blocks of alu because alu has a grain bit like wood and companies dont bother cutting with the grain etc causing stuff like this. Hope should sort it as they're good for warrenty stuff

thx for the input.. well i just baught it (bad english) and found that :/ and the dude says that it wasent there when he send it to me..but i dont belive him because the package didnt have any scratch and so on!

about sending it to bk.. what`s bk :)

bk is slang for back. he means send it back to hope.

Probably BECAUSE people are sending back shit like that to be warrantied. When you use something it's not intended for, and it then breaks, you shouldn't be getting it warrantied - it's just gonna break again, because it's not intended for what you're using it for.

Hope are very good, and do things out of good will to maintain customers. that is a very old hub, hasnt been manufactured for about 5 years i believe, and it would take quite a beating to do that to the hub.

Yes, they have started charging because people were abusing there good will, but thats more for stuff that gets bought, and is returned within a month or two obviously misused, rather than just over used.

Oh, and don't worry about not being the origonal owner thing, they dont expect it for a product that old. i bought a mono hub off a friend, it didnt seem right, and i identified the problem as the wrong spacer in the hub behind the bearing sent it off to hope with a nice letter and they sent it back within a week, no charge.