Cracker!

Billy.

tarty will say thats batterd

Still think you can judge a frame's condition from one angled photo compared to actually having a frame in your hands and being able to look at it up close then?

If that's Jack's old frame, I'm pretty sure he uses a bashplate which is why it's probably gone there. It's a second hand frame too, so I guess it's up to Onza themselves about that one. They're usually pretty good with the half price replacement thing - a customer of our's cracked their's and got the half price deal.

Still think you can judge a frame's condition from one angled photo compared to actually having a frame in your hands and being able to look at it up close then?

If that's Jack's old frame, I'm pretty sure he uses a bashplate which is why it's probably gone there. It's a second hand frame too, so I guess it's up to Onza themselves about that one. They're usually pretty good with the half price replacement thing - a customer of our's cracked their's and got the half price deal.

maybe i am living in the past but i always thought a bashguard was there to land on and shouldn't cause the frame to fail like that , just looks like a failure of the material but as mark said know one can tell from here.

im not to sure about this but i think the frame might be too stiff around that area which would stop it from flexing and possibly cause a crack to fracture like that , its just unlucky really good luck i hope you get a new one .

I've always viewed a bashguard as a guard to stop you bashing your bike, as in you try a move and slip down and it saves your BB/sprocket/freewheel/chain/whatever, rather than purposefully going to it or anything like that. Just always felt poo. Regardless - on a light frame, there's less material to support the front mount so it's going to not stand up to being battered as much as a heavier frame with thicker tubing.

i was there when it cracked, so, yeh, i do.

i was with jack when he was riding that skull frame, he did not run a bashplate. he did not abuse it too.