Major Confusion About New Echo Lite 2011 Frame

omgnoseat

Hello,

I have received my echo lite 2011 frame today and immediatly started deconstructing my current frame in all my joy.

I wanted to place my wheel in the dropouts of the new frame, but I can't find any threaded inserts to insert the snailcambolts.

Went on the interwebz to look for some pictures of the frame, and shockingly enough the dropouts on my frame seem competly different from the 2011 echo lite pictured on the tartybikes website. (also checked the 2010, that one is different aswell)

My frame:

post-8669-0-69653500-1313070601_thumb.jp

2011 frame on tartybikes:

large_lite20114.jpg

My frame doesn't have the snailcam bolts hole, and also doesn't have the triangle shaped cutout.

The rest of the frame does seem to resemble the echo lite 2011:

imag0359u.th.jpg

Majorly confused now, any enlightment?

Your frame has inbuilt tensioners and doesn't need snail cams.

Turn the frame upside down and look at where the dropout is welded to the frame. There is a hole with a bolt running from front to the back of the dropout.

Turn the bolt and it will push into the dropout slot.

Picture 4 on the link below shos the bolt protruding into the dropout.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_frames/echo_pure_2011_with_bb/c14p11476.html

It looks like your frame has tensioners 'built in' to the dropouts. Where the red arrows ar eon the image below, are there holes drilled through with a grub screw in? If so, when you 'itghten' that, it should push into the dropout, pushing the axle back and thus tensioning the chain. At leats that's the way it looks top me from your photo.

281279_10150754913735624_593125623_20487945_7475126_n.jpg

No idea why it's different form the 'actual' 2011 dropouts pictured though...

Your frame has inbuilt tensioners and doesn't need snail cams.

Turn the frame upside down and look at where the dropout is welded to the frame. There is a hole with a bolt running from front to the back of the dropout.

Turn the bolt and it will push into the dropout slot.

Picture 4 on the link below shos the bolt protruding into the dropout.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_frames/echo_pure_2011_with_bb/c14p11476.html

It looks like your frame has tensioners 'built in' to the dropouts. Where the red arrows ar eon the image below, are there holes drilled through with a grub screw in? If so, when you 'itghten' that, it should push into the dropout, pushing the axle back and thus tensioning the chain. At leats that's the way it looks top me from your photo.

281279_10150754913735624_593125623_20487945_7475126_n.jpg

No idea why it's different form the 'actual' 2011 dropouts pictured though...

You guys are the best.

So should I remove the snailcams, or replace the snailcams with something else?

Don't really see how this should keep the wheel in place.

I got the frame from trialshop.pl

Really strange that the dropouts are different...

You guys are the best.

So should I remove the snailcams, or replace the snailcams with something else?

Don't really see how this should keep the wheel in place.

I got the frame from trialshop.pl

Really strange that the dropouts are different...

If you look in the news thread there's something about this.

It works because the wheel bolts and the chain stop the wheel coming out backwards and the bolts stop it going forwards...

If you look in the news thread there's something about this.

It works because the wheel bolts and the chain stop the wheel coming out backwards and the bolts stop it going forwards...

Oh right, thanks : )

Will check it out!

I have alot of room left between the hub and the dropouts though, because the space that would be filled up by snailcams is now empty. Should I use some sort of spacer for this?

These weird little thingies sat on my bottom bracket cup, what are those for?

Thanks for all the help guys!

post-8669-0-03026700-1313072938_thumb.jp

Oh right, thanks : )

Will check it out!

I have alot of room left between the hub and the dropouts though, because the space that would be filled up by snailcams is now empty. Should I use some sort of spacer for this?

These weird little thingies sat on my bottom bracket cup, what are those for?

Thanks for all the help guys!

If I were you, either make two spacers ( 3mm thick, 10mm internal diameter I think ) which would be easy enough, or simply use your old cams as spacers as you suggested.

I think you mean the bottom bracket axle spacers ( two in the picture, one is sitting on your downtube? ) They are needed as they act as a shoulder for the crank arm to butt up against when tightened.

If I were you, either make two spacers ( 3mm thick, 10mm internal diameter I think ) which would be easy enough, or simply use your old cams as spacers as you suggested.

I think you mean the bottom bracket axle spacers ( two in the picture, one is sitting on your downtube? ) They are needed as they act as a shoulder for the crank arm to butt up against when tightened.

Thanks, didn't have the spacers before so wasn't sure.

Echo change their stuff a LOT - impossible to keep website 100% up to date. The dropouts you have are the latest design.

Thanks, that clears things up :)