Killin 5th Scottish round 25th August

kevind

The most picture perfect trials venue is back. All welcome, enter on the day but please let me know you are coming, it helps me organise paperwork pre event. Entry form here and Bike Trial Federation. Please park sensably and please be careful as there are no footpaths and its a busy road. Please do not use the White Hotels carpark next to the falls or even there facilities as he is nasty man. The Capercallie Retaurant on the other side of the bridge has welcomed the riders to use there faclities. Thanks to Myra.

2012killinentry.doc

Edited by kevind
  • Like 1

Reply1 Yes you can or have a day membership, just like the Tykes system. Please watch this post for weather updates.

Reply 2 You can try but you would get us banned for life, and if I catch you then your banned for life. The rock in question is a rock that geologists study and is not from the falls but was washed down stream a long time ago and will a some time carry on its trip down stream in the next big flood. Me and the boys will be camping up at the dam on Saturday night, beer and fire but no Rab this year to blow things up BOO, anybody welcome to join us.

Friend is going up there this weekend. There is an alternative dry "Hydro" river a few miles from Killin that is supposed to be suitable for sections. I know the weather is rainy leading up but it will change!! I will keep all posted. Also there is the quarry we are camping at that I can make sections. Dont worry be happy.

Edited by kevind

Sorry guys I was setting up saturday and didnt get to bed till late!! You missed a cracker, river level was low enough to get the experts gapping across the rapids and the sun shone all day. The heather ale was ok as well? somebody will post up photos please, I observed so didnt get a chance. Thanks again to all the observers and the girls for signing on, help for setting up and stripping the sections. See you all in two weeks for hopefully an epic last Scottish of the year and second last round of the British.

Good wee trial Kev. Some long tough and tricky sections and as you say, made pretty epic by having to to gap over the water.

So glad the midges are away and the sun came out. Was Taps Aff weather. http://www.taps-aff.co.uk/

A wee bit gutted about my heel and that I didnt go all out on some of the lines (tried a few lines after the trial and managed the lines I pussied out of).

I hope someone can get some pics online. There are always about 5 people taking pictures and I never see any!! Internet/computer noobs.

Here's a few pictures Ron Allner took in Killin. Cheers for the link Kev.

Aaron Duke 3rd in Expert

image_zps9b40021d.jpg

image_zps7fbd149c.jpg

image_zps254d40cf.jpg

image_zpsd6b78a31.jpg

image_zps5e1a4601.jpg

image_zps293afca3.jpg

image_zps2415a823.jpg

image_zps2cb939e7.jpg

must work on gaps :P

image_zpsae46c0b0.jpg

image_zpsbf09901d.jpg

Sorry cant remember the name.

image_zps23a74ec9.jpg

image_zpsfd25419c.jpg

George (Stuart Taits twin)

image_zpsedee30eb.jpg

Stuart Tait 2nd Expert

image_zps09082c2e.jpg

image_zpsad7070f0.jpg

image_zpsa59d46b8.jpg

image_zpsb657d788.jpg

Kev Duke marking away like a pro...

image_zps9cbee758.jpg

image_zpsd192c4fb.jpg

Ross McArthur 1st Expert

image_zps34f9d310.jpg

image_zps2a1d2660.jpg

image_zpsce178e0f.jpg

image_zps0e4dccb3.jpg

Kev Duke in the fore ground (usually the man behind the scenes)

image_zpsaff6c2a6.jpg

Lewis Munro (J Lo)

image_zps0b82302b.jpg

• Like 1