Gearing and tyre pressure

adamant

Evening all,

what would be the best gearing for a 26" street trials bike? Iv got a 22t on the front and I believe my cranks are 170mm

also, what is a good tyre pressure on the same bike? Iv got a 2.5" try-all sticky on the rear and a 2.2" continental mountain King on the front (if that makes any difference? 

For the tyres, just chuck in a fair amount (40psi or 'hard-ish' for non-gauge people like me) and let it out to suit. Just make sure it is enough to stop the rim bottoming out and maybe try and eliminate most tyre roll. I generally run mine quite hard, but it all comes down to your mass/riding style/rim width/riding location and mainly preference :)

On 2/8/2016 at 9:48 PM, onzatpro09 said:

...and let it out to suit. Just make sure it is enough to stop the rim bottoming out and maybe try and eliminate most tyre roll.

As above but the other way round, to roll about, be spinny and do manuals of any meaning, above 40psi is the norm, for me it's around 42-44 in the front with a schwalbe table top. In the back I've a maxxis holy roller in which I put 50 psi and let a pound or 2 out till it feels right.

For your tyres i'd use this but add a touch more in the front as you have the squirm of the knobbles to account for, but maybe less in the back as the stiky's sidewalls are rather thick. 45psi both ends would be a good start.

• Like 1