Zoo lynx 20"

bing

So I accidentally isitafox's zoo lynx 20". I'm probably a bit big for a mod but meh, if I don't like it the lad can ride it. It's Hope mainly, custom 116mm pro 2 ss/trials in the back, headset, front hub, brakes and rotors. Viz forks, echo tr cranks, try all bb, trialtech 180mm stem and high rise bars. Try all stiky tyres, forgot how bouncy they were. Glad to be riding again 

IMG_1430.JPG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, BJ. said:

If you end up taking that rear hub apart send me a few photos of how the modifications have been done. 

Bike looks well mate. 

It looks like the driver has been shortened, the outer bearing removed and a thread cut into the the outside of the body to take a bb lockring. Obviously the axle has been shortened and the spacer modified to suit. It looks a proper job because the rim looks to be dished correctly, not pulled to one side or owt. It's a strong wheel as well, I can't feel it moving. Had a quick look inside it yesterday and it's all in brilliant condition.

edit: it looks like the disk mount has also had 2 or 3 mm machined off it, can't see for what reason though. Just means the mount needs packing out a bit

Edited by bing

• 2 weeks later...