Pad knock (disk brake)

Canardweb

Hello everyone,

I recently got a new 20" bike, the Jealousy 20" 2017 from Crewkerz. I had an X2 from Clean previously but had many problems with setting the rear brake as the tab could not be faced as there is not enough room for a facing tool to fit apparently. Now my brake is 100% faced and extremely powerful. 

So powerful that I get a problem I never encountered in the past. My brake makes a loud knock when locked if I hop backward or forward. It seems the pads are knocking in the caliper.

My question is simple, had anyone been there, and what can I do?

Thanks a lot to everybody.

Hello, thanks for the advice! That was fast indeed!

Mark, I am sorry I didn't state what brake I am using. I guess I was that much into writing a clear message that I forgot the most important things. It is a Hope Trial Zone with Clean trials pads if that changes anything. 

Any other advices will help! I will try that for now

I wasn't sure if it'd be the MT7s that Crewkerz were using for a while - the standard MT7 pads have a retention pin setup that gives way more pad knock so switching to MT5 pads helps out a bunch.  For the Hope brakes, if the Clean pads are similar to the Jitsie/Trialtech pads they should just settle down in a ride or two.  If they haven't, you could try what Ross suggested but with all my Hope brakes in the past they've settled down after a couple of rides and become much quieter.