2017 Echo Brakes?

cwtrials

So poking around the web I noticed a few things. 

• A new Echo SL Disc brake
  • A new "Czar" Disc brake
  • A new 2017 Echo SL Rim brake.

So as far as the rim brake goes, is there anything different with the new one besides the lever blade? (It does look more comfortable)

For the Echo SL Disc and Czar disc brake.  Anybody know anything about them?  More power than the TR?  Just curious.

I had good luck with the Echo TR rim and Disc brakes before.  I'm not sure how much more abuse my MT7's can take, and I'll take cheap and reliable anyday over expensive and unreliable.

Freno-de-disco-Echo-SL-2017-Post-Mount_120022.jpg

Freno-de-Llanta-Echo-SL-2017_120033.jpg

czar-hydraulic-disc-brakes-caliper-1024x673.jpg

MT7's can take a lot of abuse in my eyes. You see Ali C and Danny Macaskill running them. Apart from the moment Ali C putting most if not all his weight on his lever then it snapped the lever but apart from that I'm thinking it'll take a lot more abuse! 

The earlier TR brakes weren't super reliable, but their more recent brakes have been fine.  The brakes Craig posted haven't had any issues with customers through TartyBikes as far as I know.  They're not the nicest looking things in the world but do the job.  That said, if I was going for a disc then it'd be Magura or Hope, and if it was rim brake it'd be a Trialtech lever with some Magura slaves.

• Like 1