Echo Lite 08

Muel

Howdo y'all.

I have almost finished my new bike, it just needs the bash fitting and one or two tinkerings to make it lighter.

FRAME: Echo Lite 08 Long.

FORK: Shortened Pace XC Carbons.

F WHEEL: Monty TI. TI Spokes.

R WHEEL: Monty TI. TI Spokes.

CRANKS: Monty TI.

FREEWHEEL: Tensile

F BRAKE: Hope Mono Trial Monty Edition 07.

R BRAKE: Hope Mono Trial Monty Edition 07.

BAR: Monty TI.

STEM: Monty TI.

PEDALS: Wellago Magnesium.

TYRES: Creepy Crawler Rear, Try-All Front

WEIGHT = 8871g

FORK WEIGHT = 672g

Errm yeh, pics.

P2090001.jpg

P2090012.jpg

P2090015.jpg

P2090005.jpg

P2090007.jpg

P2090010.jpg

P2090016.jpg

P2090017.jpg

Just a few more things to do, new front tube, new chain and new grips, should save about 150-200g in total. If I chop the frame up, which I may, then It could be 250 - 300g saved.

Thanking you, let's have some comments!

Muel.

Edited by El Muelio

Very nice muel ( you lightweight bike fag (A) )

What are those carbon forks like? strength/stiffness wise?

Bet it rides mint!

Wow that looks really nice those forks look really long though.

It rides brilliantly, the forks are more flexible than the Echo Lites I also have for it, but it's not a dead sort of flex like aluminium, it's really springy and feels really nice.

The forks are about 5-7mm longer than echo Lite's, the reason they look really long is the legs are quite long before they enter the crown, as it is quite a low profile.

The only difference to riding it with the Lite's in is that it's heavier and slightly lower, but you barely tell the height difference.

Looks nice, but totally impractical with them forks, put some Urbans on it, they're light as hell and you will actually be able to use the forks for trials stuff.

These forks are solid!

They are very practical, they are a bit flexy but no more than, say, Koxx forks.

Looks cool, but I still prefer the look of the '08 non disc.

So do I, but don't tell anyone.

I really like this one, but the 07/08 maggy I have in the garage is a nicer frame. I think it's because of the angle of the top tube/seat stays, and there's less CNC'd stuff.

Edited by El Muelio

Looks cool muely, not the same though :( no rear adaptor :(

Forks = cool i really like them :D

I know, it feels wierd not having the adapter on, but this is better anyway, it's slightly stiffer and much lighter, and I couldn't fit an adapter onto the frame, otherwise I wouldn't have bought this frame.

They are scratched, the big tarty sticker is covering it up.

How deep is the scratch? dont let any water get into the carbon, i use lots of carbon bits on my boat and as soon as you get a scratch you need to fill it otherwise the water gets in and makes it go soggy from the inside out.

How deep is the scratch? dont let any water get into the carbon, i use lots of carbon bits on my boat and as soon as you get a scratch you need to fill it otherwise the water gets in and makes it go soggy from the inside out.

It's not really a scratch, just a scuff but thanks for telling me, I didn't know that, whats best to seal it with? Some sort of glue?

Wow, that is really nice, i don't usually like them type of forks, but there is just something about them that i really love!

Cheers Nadine, and thanks for letting me use your site for my review, I got top marks. :P

ITs mega fit :P i had to comment again.

Thanks. :lol:

:lol:

thats incredibly stupid.

I know, but it stops the scratch being visible.

better than when one of my mates bought a gasgas, was cleaning it up and found that the big Yoomee sticker was covering up a crack in the frame.

It's not really a scratch, just a scuff but thanks for telling me, I didn't know that, whats best to seal it with? Some sort of glue?

a thin epoxy filler or epoxy varnish would be perfect, you can buy it from yacht chandlers or the internet...if not a tiny bit of araldite would do the same job (Y)

Thanks. :lol:

I know, but it stops the scratch being visible.

better than when one of my mates bought a gasgas, was cleaning it up and found that the big Yoomee sticker was covering up a crack in the frame.

visible?

its not about looks.

scratch to carbon is going to inevitably cause problems. especially in a pair of weak xc forks.