Wood Fest '09

mintsauce

I've just got back from Wood Fest '09 (woodfestwales.co.uk)

I just wanted to start a thread in which to share feedback, links to pics, videos, and comments for next years event(s).

It's been a huge success. The directors of the festival were overwhelmed by the feedback from the festival goers and were uninimous in their opion that the trials demos really did steel the show.

Over three days more than 20,000 people watched trials displays on a crazy custom built trials course - a big thanks to all the course builders!!

This has great signifance for the UK trials scene because there is already talk of:

1. Next years course being bigger and better

2. An annual comp held on the grounds using the course and addition kit as sections

3. The possibilty of running... TrialsFest!!

Organising such an event took a lot of time and effort but I have got to say that the hard work of all the riders who turned up meant that the three days of demos ran as smoothly as I could have ever hoped. Thanks very much to:

Will Arnold

Wayne Mahomet

Tim Stedman

Craig Davies

Matt Everett

Alex Williams

Jamie Williams

Josh Robinson (get well soon!)

WILL ARNOLD IN WARM UP GAPPING THE BALANCE BEAM

3604477822_0b099628d6_o.jpg

I'll post links to more pictures and videos over the next few days which will be available on slowprogress.co.uk

-------------

EDIT:

I'm heading over to the videographers house now to see the footage he captured.

PHOTOS:

1. Photos taken from the crowd << Submitted photos >>

2. Pro shots to follow

VIDEOS:

1. Partz's clips << Trials Tube >>

2. Paul Higginson's (resolutionvideo.co.uk) commissioned WoodFest Video << VIMEO >>

Edited by mintsauce

I only got some scraps of footage, ill upload tonight the shot of me doing the 11ft stuff and tim's mad 360 drop. Also think I got a shot of josh doing the water balance beam without getting wet too!

Massive thanks to fat Matt Barlow, seriously good job on organising stuff and inviting me to ride there, even in the p*ssing wet it was so much fun!

Im gonna have a nice hot bath now and wash off the bit of blood I got from the slippy logs I shouldn't have tried!

I only got some scraps of footage, ill upload tonight the shot of me doing the 11ft stuff and tim's mad 360 drop. Also think I got a shot of josh doing the water balance beam without getting wet too!

Massive thanks to fat Matt Barlow, seriously good job on organising stuff and inviting me to ride there, even in the p*ssing wet it was so much fun!

Im gonna have a nice hot bath now and wash off the bit of blood I got from the slippy logs I shouldn't have tried!

Bike breaker!

Fantastic event guys! (Y)

Really enjoyed it, the set up was spot on!

Well done to the guy on the microphone (Matt?) thought you were really good gettin the crowd goin etc.

I watched all the events thoughout the day and you guys defo had the biggest crowd! well done.

Do you guys no weather they are taking the sections down? wouldnt mind havin a blast at some of those sections, lol, if thats poss.

As for hosting comps/Trialsfest that would be awesome!! haha

Big well done to you all!

James :)

was a really good event like matt said,

thanks too everyone who made it happen especially matt,

bad news about josh breaking his leg poor guy...

great riding from everyone and really good demo's! the crowd's loved it for sure haha!

TOP EVENT! matt, really enjoyed myself, glad i turned out.....

Hope to see you there next year if i get an invite. was some FUNNY shit going on.....the SLIPPY log pile faceplant...... haha, still laughing at myself how i got away with not been dead.

Steadmans 180 on the 9ft'er........an absolute screw-loose......them 11ft drops have taken it out on my poor knee's.....

Waynio................................