Ntl Speed Upragde

Nick Garland

hey

Has worked for other people im not on a service to upgrade so cant say if it does.

If you can seeupgrade cable modem click Here

EDIT: Everyone is right first link is wrong, one there now is correct. WARNING : you need NTl User info and Passwrod to upgrade.

Edited by Team War Rider

Existing 750K customers

We´re in the process of automatically upgrading your service to 2Mb. This upgrade is absolutely free and you don´t have to do anything to receive it. What´s more, the monthly price of this service remains the same. Check this page to find out exactly when you will be upgraded.

Sounds good to me, cheers for the info :D

EDIT: just upgraded, bargain, thanks again!

Yes there is to 1mb but you have to ring up for it.

Parents just rang to get our account info as we dont know it, and they cant find out account for the internet so I could be unlocking my modem runnning 8mb internet and they wouldnt know (N)

As we are upgrading to 2mb, they cant even get into our account to do it :D they are trying to get into out Serbs account whatever that is to do it now and will ring back with information about it.

Click the second link I put up.  Theyfound my details and have upgraded me to 2MB, its nice compared to 300k lol. Big Difference :D

I went from 350 to the 1mb over at mums house, didn't think it was worth the extra £7 a month for 2mb.

Over at dads now on 3mb from 2mb (N) :D

Upgraded now anyway. 120kb/sec hahaha! woo  :D  :P  (N)

Are you using a modem?

I don't know how to upgrade, and i also don't know any of the details at all. Do i just ring up, and well, ask? :D

Im using the set top box by the way :/

Are you using a modem?

I don't know how to upgrade, and i also don't know any of the details at all. Do i just ring up, and well, ask? (N)

Im using the set top box by the way :/

Yep modem.

Was on 350k, just clicked on 'upgrade to 2mb' on the page, and ended up upgrading to 1mbps free. For a set top box, try hovering over the 'Broadband' tab at the top, and clicking 'Upgrade your speed' theres 2 options - modem and set-top box.

Noz.

EDIT: You have to phone up.

Edited by Nozmeister

Hey guys I'm on 350k NTL (upgraded from 150) is the upgrade to 1mb free? Im well confused, running through modem if it makes a difference?

Cheers guys!

James :blink:

EDIT: Would I get a d/l limit at all? I download sooooo much, I'd downlaod more on 1mb!

Edited by zoojames

Hey guys I'm on 350k NTL (upgraded from 150) is the upgrade to 1mb free? Im well confused, running through modem if it makes a difference?

Cheers guys!

James :blink:

EDIT: Would I get a d/l limit at all? I download sooooo much, I'd downlaod more on 1mb!

You get upgraded to 1meg free, like it or not (next few months everyone is getting upgraded the guy said, people who ask get it first).

Download limit it 3gb / month. Which is ample, and it's not enforced, you'd have to go way over it months running to get cut off.

Youve got to phone up and swap your set-top box if you go over 1mb or something aso really you need to swap your set-top box.

Yea phone up, they didnt even know our details, took them 2 hours to find them lol.

And no your internet doesnt stop working they will contact you if you do it repeatedly, either downgrade you to 56k, make you upgrade or you pay for the extra you used. Excessive means making other peopls service slower, ie you go over 100/200mb they wont mind, if you got a 3gb monthly limit and you use say 30gb then they will mind.

EDIT : Like Alexx said its not enforced on 3gb unless you do absolutly cain it for a few months in a row. On the 2mb and 3mb its enforced slightly more due to the caps being fairer. But who uses 1gb a day ?

Edited by Team War Rider

Says all my NTL details are invalid ;) (username, password and even my NTL email address, the email has never been used for ages, so it may have deactivated possibly?). No upgrade for me just yet (Y) Will give NTL a ring tomorrow.

Rossi.