Favourite Trials Trick

Hi, i was wondering what everyones favourite trials trick is, this can help me practice the one thats most favourite to look a bit better. :D

Well my favourite has to be either sidehop or that other one i cant remember what its called but you basicly ride at a wall then jump or something and your rear wheel is on, something like that it would be helpful if someone told me what thats called iswell :)

peace (Y)

Hi mate, my favorite move has to be the "switch" (front wheel to backwheel"). The reason is because it makes my riding more of a challenge, instead of the basic pedal kick or backwheel. The switch enables you to make your riding alot more technical and looks alot better than the basic sidehop or backwheel.

When you first start to learn the switch start on about a 1ft high wall and just pedal hop into it and kick on to your front wheel then release your front brake and flick the back end of the bike through. Try and stay on your backwheel it makes the move look sweet. In know time mate you will be switching roadside rails :P .

Hope this helps mate !

Dan !

Hi mate, my favorite move has to be the "switch" (front wheel to backwheel"). The reason is because it makes my riding more of a challenge, instead of the basic pedal kick or backwheel. The switch enables you to make your riding alot more technical and looks alot better than the basic sidehop or backwheel.

When you first start to learn the switch start on about a 1ft high wall and just pedal hop into it and kick on to your front wheel then release your front brake and flick the back end of the bike through. Try and stay on your backwheel it makes the move look sweet. In know time mate you will be switching roadside rails :P .

Hope this helps mate !

Dan !

Thats the one! i thought what jaffa said was that well im glad you gave me that information mate i think ill try it tomorrow if my brakes stop slipping.. But at the end of the day you can only get better right?

Peace (Y)

well at the moment i'm in the sidehoping and gapping phase so because i got my new frame on christmas and i can do it much better :)

Thats just like me, i got a new t-pro frame for christmas and im loving it.

It definatly beats using the old Onza T-vee but without that i wouldent have had the t-pro, so i have to thank my old one. :)

Peace (Y)

Oh good my post was of some help to you. Anyway what brake set-up are you running on the front. Because you mentioned your brake slipping and i presumed it was your front because they always do.

Disc brake or rim brake.?

If it's a rim brake and it is slipping on you.

1- Maybe get a grind on your rim, make it nice and rough. :P

2- To go with that grind get a nice set of koxx bloxx greens on the front, works a treet. (Y)

If you are running a disc and it is slipping on you.

1- There could be some sort of oil or lubricant on your rotor, so this means it will not grip properly.

2- Your brake, if it is hydraullic could do with a re-bleed, because the oil's not running smooth.

3- If it is a cable disc brake then you may of stretched your cable so it does not move the pads correctly.

Thats all i can think of.

Hope i helped !

Dan ! (Y)

Oh good my post was of some help to you. Anyway what brake set-up are you running on the front. Because you mentioned your brake slipping and i presumed it was your front because they always do.

Disc brake or rim brake.?

If it's a rim brake and it is slipping on you.

1- Maybe get a grind on your rim, make it nice and rough. :P

2- To go with that grind get a nice set of koxx bloxx greens on the front, works a treet. (Y)

If you are running a disc and it is slipping on you.

1- There could be some sort of oil or lubricant on your rotor, so this means it will not grip properly.

2- Your brake, if it is hydraullic could do with a re-bleed, because the oil's not running smooth.

3- If it is a cable disc brake then you may of stretched your cable so it does not move the pads correctly.

Thats all i can think of.

Hope i helped !

Dan ! (Y)

Nope, it's the back one and its really bad i dont have a clue whats happend i slipped on my ass today :lol: and its a hs33 has only been bled 4 days ago, its got brand new koxx bloxx on there and its a grinded rim, its a whole new backwheel. It was working perfectly yesterday but somethings gone wrong so im a bit anoyed at that.

peace (Y)

Its like comeone has oiled my rims or something its bad :lol:

Right,

How old is the magura ?. Because if it's fairly old your master cylinder could be working a bit rough and not functioning properly so that could be affecting your brake.

Also about the new wheel and grind you may have to give time for your brake to bed in and get used to your grind and pads. What is your brake bled with by the way and what kind of hosing are you running.?

:ermm:

Dan !

Right,

How old is the magura ?. Because if it's fairly old your master cylinder could be working a bit rough and not functioning properly so that could be affecting your brake.

Also about the new wheel and grind you may have to give time for your brake to bed in and get used to your grind and pads. What is your brake bled with by the way and what kind of hosing are you running.?

:ermm:

Dan !

Its running on that green magura blood, it was all black before it was bled. I would say the black bit was bad.

Take it to somewhere like Halfords, they'll do it. If they charge you tell them they are dicks becuase we'd do it for free.

If it keeps slipping i might have to.

i'm really into big gaps atm, and also i like nose-hopping i can only do about 5 but i'm practising all the time. and i think and decent drop-off higher than 6 footish seems to be the thing in a lot of vids. and drop-gaps sound fun, i've never actually done any, but they look good and sound phunkay! :blush:

(Y) Cool Topic Rob (Y)

Mike!!!

i'm really into big gaps atm, and also i like nose-hopping i can only do about 5 but i'm practising all the time. and i think and decent drop-off higher than 6 footish seems to be the thing in a lot of vids. and drop-gaps sound fun, i've never actually done any, but they look good and sound phunkay! :blush:

(Y) Cool Topic Rob (Y)

Mike!!!

I need to learn how to nose hop.

Thanks for the compliment (Y)

Its running on that green magura blood, it was all black before it was bled. I would say the black bit was bad.

when you bleed it, if the fluid is dirty, it's always best to just flush it through with water a few times, then fill it up with blood...or just add a little bit of anti-freeze into the water and keep it in :-

Mike!!!

Ah right it's running on magura oil is it. Try re-bleeding your brake with water, because i personally find it better than magura oil. Then set your brake up fairly close to the rim and adjust your TPA back in so the pads are now close to your rim. Then test your brake and if its still slipping, There could be magura oil on your pads or your grind is not very good, Not to sure though you would have to give it a go and then reply back.

Dan !

well, my favortie trick is a crankflip pedalhop.

get into a pedal hop balance on the rear wheel, take your rear foot off the pedal and stand on your back wheel (still in the pedalhopping position) and spin your cranks with your other foot, then when they come back round jump back onto the pedals and either carry on hopping or drop off something.

i just like it becuase it looks so hard but it isnt once you can do it.

oh i also like 180 endos to a 90 fakie then kick it round the rest of the 90 to do a full 360 :Slol

Clawz