Swtc/nbr Roadtrip 2006

Hey all,

After seeing how much fun the more central/northern orientated roadtrips seem to have been, I thought it'd be a pretty cool idea to have a go at organising one myself around the southwest. After talking to Andy from NBR, the idea seems to have taken off so I'm really just hoping to see whos interested, as theres already a fair few from around here willing to take part.

Plan is:

5th - 6th August: NBR COMP, VERWOOD, BOURNEMOUTH. Andys man made comp last year was a huge success and the idea of a two day event with trials, camping and general fun in the sun has recieved loads of support, so I couldn't really think of a better starting place.

7th August: WEST BAY, BRIDPORT. West Bay is a small sea town a few miles from Bridport in Dorset. It also happens to have some of the most mental natural and street riding ever. Anyone who's seen some of my videos filmed there will know what I mean, the place is awesome.

8th August: BRISTOL. No more needs to be said really. If you havn't ridden here you've missed out.

9th August: TAUNTON, SOMERSET. My home town and base of SWTC. Lots of crazy street stuff and various other places we've found over the years.

10th August: BARNSTAPLE, NORTH DEVON. Steve, Rob and the rest of the Barny Army represent. Similar to Taunton with just loads of wicked shizzle.

11th: August: EXETER. In my opinion as good as Bristol and home town to World Championship Masters competitor Andrei Burton.

12th August: BONE HILL, DARTMOOR. This place is nuts. Another training ground of Andrei and Joe's, with some of the most fun natural stuff ever.

13th August: PLYMOUTH. The end of the line, and possibly the only city to come close to Bristol in terms for shear volume of shit to ride.

Rough distance in driving is 300miles but should be well worth it. Map affixed so's people can see a bit clearer:

IPB Image

I'll start sorting out camping/accomodation if people start replying, but I already have a fair few places in mind for free camping......

Please reply if you're interested, this isn't a ride just for the South West riders, anyone is welcome.

Cheers

Rich

Just spoken to a few friends and have managed to blag free camping in West Bay and in Taunton (we won't stop the night in Bristol) so thats the first leg sorted. But if people want to come or even think they might like to come but aren't sure, just post up here anyway because I need to give these people at least a rough idea of numbers. (Y)

Rich

Nubile Burning Rugrats? Next Best Runner? No Bloody Retards? Nymphomaniacs Bite Repeatedly? Nice But Rubbish? Nearly Bent Rims? Never Borrowed Repsol? Nothing Beats Retirement? Nanny's Blow Rabbits? Naked Birds Rule? Nobodies Butt Refuses?

Am I getting warmer?

.............................................................Nothing But Riding (or Rubber, depending or weather Mannings in earshot)

Rich

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: Wasn't sure if this was still happening due to the problems Andy's been having with the comp on the first day of the trip but as its now on, heres the score:

6th: NBR Comp - Will either camp there or at a farm in West Bay (see day two) owned by a friend of mine.

7th: West Bay - Camping night before possibly and night after at afore mentioned venue (see day 1)

8th: Bristol - not stopping

9th: Taunton - Will stay night before and after at Bens farm.

10th: Barnstaple - Not stopping

11th: Exeter - Will have camped night before at a farm belonging to another friend somewhere between Barny and Exeter, to be confirmed.

12th: Dartmoor - Will stay night before and after on Dartmoor (sorting it with Matt)

13th: Plymouth - End of trip. Everyone go home and sleep. Unless Kireon persuades me to go on to Minions in Cornwall (unlikely... :P )

So thats the low down. Camping space at all locations is basically unlimited as all the grounds privately owned so anyone is welcome to join in. Just a few of us are doing every stop but theres a fair number who've said they'll be coming to the odd one or two, so bring on the beer and lack of sleep induced mayhem. See you all at the NBR comp. (Y)

Rich

EDIT: Andy just filled me in on the dates for the NBR comp so have adjusted the above days to actual dates. (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of moving the Plymouth ride forward to the Sat (12th)at all?

Possibly switching it round with the Dartmoor ride as there isn't much travelling in between them. Purely selfish reasons due to work of course :-

If not will just have to pull a swift one I think (blagged so much time off recently for one reason or other...)

If not will definately try and join you in Bristol (always wanted to ride there) and Exeter as it's only an hour or so away.

Sounds like a good trip though, good thinking! ;)

News section people!!! Trial date has changed and could affect the roadtrip! or it could be incorporated?

Infact you could just run the whole thing almost backwards?

Rich call me! Found an incredible new place near bonehill

Edited by Matt_Tupman

News section people!!! Trial date has changed and could affect the roadtrip! or it could be incorporated?

Infact you could just run the whole thing almost backwards?

Rich call me! Found an incredible new place near bonehill

Gonna make things interesting....... :P

Rich