Hope Mono Trials Or Avid Juicy 5

One of my friends runs The bb7 and i didn't like it at all, the bite was excellent but you really had to pull on it .

It also was really spongy on the leaver with it being cable

And iv been hearing stories of the cable snapping because of the sheer pull you have to give them!!!

Id just like to here peoples thought on this one really as iv ran both a hope and a juicy 5.

and iv stuck with the juicy 5

cheers guys Jamie.

.DANNY MACASKIL IS A GOD.

i think it has to be the mono trial beacause ive got it and it works excellent :D touch wood

I have two avid juicy 5 on my mountain bike and think they would be great, they certainly have good stopping potential.

On my trials bike I just got an avid BB7(got them yesterday) for the front and although it is a little harder it still seems fine.

Edited by Landy

i wouldnt use a juicy for trials as they dont have much on/off power on my ones which are on my jump bike, if you used a huge rotor i guess it would be ok! my friend has a BB7 and its amazing really good power and cheaper than a juicy!

• 1 month later...

i have a mono trials and it seems to be very temporary, it only works when it wants to, i would advise a bb7 as every one i have used is mega and very reliable, rather than a mono trial you can hit hard and make it leak, whereas a cable is near indestructible when you stack, unless you snap the lever, but if you can snap the lever on a cable brake no doubt it would have snapped on a hydrolic brake in any case

Edited by braintreetrials