Echo Rear Brake Review

Jason222

Alright guys, I bought a brand new echo rear brake on ebay from australia a little while ago. I just recently got my bike up and running, and after about an hour of riding, a tone of the brake fluid leaked out of the rear cylinder on the drive side, where the brake holds the brake pad. I've lost so much fluid that the brake no longer works and the TPA adjuster at the lever somehow got kicked out of place and I can't turn it. I noticed it was leaking a bit back when I got it, but I thought that might just be because it's new.

0/5. Worst brake ever. I'm now out a tone of money, and echo probably doesn't make it easy to get the bits to fix it.

Here's a pic of my new bike if anyone is interested.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1384076/

Edited by Jason222

i bought one same things happend i think there a pile of overpriced wank. the tp idea is shit i like good leverage but when u adjus tthe tp as much as u can it just pops out and wrecks the threads.

He then sells the brake onto me and so I get it sent off to Tarty to be fixed. Turns out the TPA was on backwards! :P Had to buy a new lever and 74 kinds TPA kit but works lovely now.

So he is forgiven besides he sold me it for peanuts as well so I still love him :)

Leaky cylinder should be covered by warranty, send it back and get it replaced :)

The TPA system in the brake you had Eric has been removed and re-fitted incorrectly, that's what caused it to break. The 74Kingz/Magura/Echo TPA conglomeration I did for you was so sweet Stan's buying new bits for his :P

Leaky cylinder should be covered by warranty, send it back and get it replaced :)

The TPA system in the brake you had Eric has been removed and re-fitted incorrectly, that's what caused it to break. The 74Kingz/Magura/Echo TPA conglomeration I did for you was so sweet Stan's buying new bits for his :P

Haha yeah thats what I meant ;) I must say... You did a brillaint job with it. Looks and feels so nice. Top job. I expect it to be the norm with all Echo brakes in the future :P

"Hi Jason,

Sorry for the problem,

Yes it will be covered by warranty and will be repaired or replaced completely.

You will need to send it back for warranty to take place though.

Do you still want green if it is being replaced?

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Regards

YAY! I got that message today!!! I'm getting a new one!!! :lol:

Edited by Jason222

"Hi Jason,

Sorry for the problem,

Yes it will be covered by warranty and will be repaired or replaced completely.

You will need to send it back for warranty to take place though.

Do you still want green if it is being replaced?

My Address:

David Kiel

63 Alderbury Street

Floreat, WA, 6014

AUSTRALIA

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Regards

David"

YAY! I got that message today!!! I'm getting a new one!!! :lol:

Haven't you sold it though? and u need to send it back :Slol.

Matx

• 1 month later...

So I thought I'd dig up this old thread. I bought a new echo rear brake, with a gold adamant lever and gold mounts. WOW! It works beautiful! Only complaint is that the sound of the brake stops when it's hot out...but it can be so insanely loud and grabby. I'm running a smooth rim too. 5/5.