The Right Choice

JohnBanks

i have ran both the formula and the hope in the past on my dh bike. i had nothing but problems with the formula. the hope on the other hand was excellent.

from what i have read and heard from other trials riders they recomend the avid bb7 cable disc with either the sd7 lever or xtr lever or the hope mini

hope this helps

jamie

i have ran both the formula and the hope in the past on my dh bike. i had nothing but problems with the formula. the hope on the other hand was excellent.

from what i have read and heard from other trials riders they recomend the avid bb7 cable disc with either the sd7 lever or xtr lever or the hope mini

hope this helps

jamie

lol

On my last freeride bike I invested in the Ti mono6's although they looked very bling and NEVER faded what ever you done to them I wouldn't rate Hope that highly now I have also used the 4 pot Hopes and again for the price not massivley impressed?

I however was VERY surprised when I bought my last MTB (hybrid) Giant Escape M1 which came as standard with Giants own MPH hydraulic disc set up. These brakes are just truely awsome! Not sure what they cost if you can actually buy them seperatly? but as someone that is about to be building their first trials machine I shall be looking into fitting these!

On a slightly differnt note why are these cable disc brakes so popular? Are they really that good?

On a slightly differnt note why are these cable disc brakes so popular? Are they really that good?

They are really great and on par with all hydraulic, disk brakes. Because of the fact only one caliper moves it makes the brake alot more graby and with people going alot bigger and more into street they have become very popular because they are so graby and give the on off feeling.

Who cares if the cable stretchs or frays just buy another it costs fiver most for another inner cable.

If you're looking for simplicity but still good braking power : Avid Bb7

Technical side with bleeding and stuff but still s**t hot braking power : Hope

To be honest i would buy a bb7 and then the money you have left over use it to tune it you can make it work better than a hope if you know how.

Hope i helped

Cheers Connor

I am quite considering a BB7 now. Can any body tell me the good points (Y) and the bad points :angry: about them.

Also it would be good for people to say what they would rather have Hope or a BB7.

Thanks John

Umm if its new you have to bed it in. They dont tend to have much modulation so can be quite on/off or over the bars lol. Sometimes hard to go down hills but you will become real good at stoppies (Y)

They dont lack power thats for sure. Very simple and easy to fix, all sorts of leavers/cable available for them.

Best cable disk ever!

Personally, I dont rekon hydro's are much better, they just feel nicer and have more pimp factor lol.