Where To Find Crates

Go to an industrial estate and have a look around, when you see some, ask them if you can have some off them or offer some £. Be sure to have someone to drive you around with a van or something so you can take them home.

JK

Also check out your local area, must be people getting building work done, they may have the odd few kicking about i spect thatd b happy for you to take away, that where got some of mine from, also, if u have a garden centre nearby go askl there, i work in one at weekends, and there hundred of pallets, i just get the older and unwanted ones. (Y)

Many businesses have many creates lying around from deliveries that they probably want to get ride of. Just keep an eye out :shifty: and if you see some lying around ask them if you can take them of their hands.

Edited by mr ?

When you get kicked off next time, ask if you can buy some if they say no, help yourself when they have gone. We used to use an old factory on wet days, and it had a pallet factory right next door so we didnt have to go far. I would want to run far with them though, so like has been said, have someone in some kind of van with you to throw them in the back of.

We have hundreds of spare pallets at work - we buy electrical steel from Sweden which arrives palletised and it's not economical to send them back, but that's not much use as they're in Ellesmere Port.

Try talking to local businesses and ask if they have any pallets they want rid of.

Jon

I got mine from my brothers work travel west midlands. We didnt have to pay because they have to pay to dispose of then we got twenty blue ones in the bk garden. But we usally find then in intustrial estates. Most people are usally not bothered if we ride then. Another place to find then is in a truck storage places there is a place by us that has stacks of 15 for bout 50 meters.

Just Googled 'Blue Pallets', and found "A number of garden centres are in for a nasty shock next week when they find £7.65 added to their invoices for every blue Chep pallet they receive from ..." So I guess that is how much they are? Industrial Estates on a Sunday (Y) There's one near me (Heathfield) and there's loads of pallets everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...