Mr Butler....sidehoppage Yes Please!

hugh_b

Hey guys, been riding with Dan the last couple of days, had a good ride this afternoon at my favourite spot. Anyways here's some pics of Dan sidehopping a huuuuge rock (around 53inch!) out of sand, he made it even easier before i got my phone out!! Here you go:..

post-1965-1184344049_thumb.jpg

post-1965-1184344147_thumb.jpg

post-1965-1184344193_thumb.jpg

Bikes stood at a bit of an angle int it? make the bars lower.

Matx

no pretty upright but... if it had been dead upright against the rock it would have been on the higher bit of ground, dan took off around where his back tyres is...the lower bit! Lets be honest 53inch is huuuuge anyways and this is on natural!!

dude it was the sand that i was coming out of it was like a bit of a slope close to the rock was quite big we just thought that they were col piks for a little ride out lol we were going post it in the tuckage thread lol

i dont belive thats 53" for a second.

hence why i said "around 53", we think it was over 8 blue pallets and they measure up at about 51 inch.

EDIT: Who cares, it's huge!! And it's not even on a nice grippy tarmac takeoff with a grippy landing.

Edited by hugh_b

QUOTE(hugh_b @ Jul 13 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no pretty upright but... if it had been dead upright against the rock it would have been on the higher bit of ground, dan took off around where his back tyres is...the lower bit! Lets be honest 53inch is huuuuge anyways and this is on natural!!

Natural isnt always harder for things like this due to round edges and things etc (anyway lets not start an argument).

Anyways its a mint pic nice side (Y) danny is a mint rider wish he brought vids out..

look children if some ones taking the time and effort to upload a pic of some good riding then there is no need to slag it off or what ever, as some one who never rides any more im trying to get inspired into gettin on my bike again and looking at riding like that inspires me

chill out every one

look children if some ones taking the time and effort to upload a pic of some good riding then there is no need to slag it off or what ever, as some one who never rides any more im trying to get inspired into gettin on my bike again and looking at riding like that inspires me

chill out every one

:) hehe thanks for that dude, funny how people on here deny how big stuff is in pics when they have never been there themselves!! makes me laugh hehe. Wouldnt have posted it if i knew the reaction would be like many of the silly comments. Anyways, was a good ride!

Edited by hugh_b

fooking hell Dan! That rock is massive, i have ridden there loads of times and have sidehopped it to pedal. It is most definately 50+

anyway how is danny down here riding and i wasnt informed?lol would have been good to ride with you Mr

How can anyone be suprised that dave made a stupid comment?

I thought it was funny how someone mentioned the bike being leaned over just a little, as if you guys were trying to make it look bigger, obviously someone is experianced in inch pinching.

nice one danny.

How can anyone be suprised that dave made a stupid comment?

I thought it was funny how someone mentioned the bike being leaned over just a little, as if you guys were trying to make it look bigger, obviously someone is experianced in inch pinching.

nice one danny.

It's just that it Looks, LOOOOOOOKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSS.. Looks (not is..!) smaller than 53 inch, and 53 inch is really high in sidehops so yeh.. well done anyways.

Mat

It's just that it Looks, LOOOOOOOKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSS.. Looks (not is..!) smaller than 53 inch, and 53 inch is really high in sidehops so yeh.. well done anyways.

Mat

it's the fact that you thought he would try and make it look bigger by putting his bike at an angle which is gay. You say it 'looks' smaller than 53" are you then suggesting that they have lied?

I don't really care, but the comment you made would suggest that you know at least one tactic for making things look bigger than they are........