Budget Cranks

duane

Hi,

I am currently using an old set of RPM cranks on my base, however the left crank has rounded and rapidly comes loose no matter how much I tighten it.

I have had a look on CRC, and another set of RPMs seems like the only budget option, can anyone suggest something else I should look at ?

I am happy to live with either one or two chainrings, and while I have complete trust in the Middleburns on my control, the exchange rate from my money to yours is so bad - worst in 26 years - that they are no longer an option.

I am currently running square taper if that makes any difference,

Thanks

Duane.

£52 i seem to remember... Can get some forged echo cranks for that!

My Musclemans we're crap, they really easily but then I got Echo forged cranks, they are much stiffer and have never come loose. And they're lighter.

im sorry but u think that echo forged cranks are stronger than onza muscle man ?

no the onza's are pure steel and i battered some for 2 years then gave them to my cuz for another 2 years of battering they say 8 freewheels and the only problem i had was a little creak wich oil fixed . and then we have echo forged cranks wich the threads strip my taper is so far gone that my cranks are at a 35 degree angle to eachouther there terrible the only advantage is weight but if u like them fair enough .

oh and to the thread owner check out www.dreamcycles.co.uk for some realy cheap cranks they have isis bb's for £15 hope it helps you .

echo forged are shit my freind pulled the pedal threads outside of some on saturday. musclemans ***! could you not getr middleburns off ebay for cheap?

Edited by ogre

Yeah, the echo forged are completely toss. I have mine still with a stripped non drive side pedal thread. I had the square taper ones and they were VERY flexy, felt absolutely awful. I still have my muscle man cranks that i brought second hand lying around. Go for a pair of them. Properly get a pair for £10-15 of here/ebay.

im sorry but u think that echo forged cranks are stronger than onza muscle man ?

no the onza's are pure steel and i battered some for 2 years then gave them to my cuz for another 2 years of battering they say 8 freewheels and the only problem i had was a little creak wich oil fixed . and then we have echo forged cranks wich the threads strip my taper is so far gone that my cranks are at a 35 degree angle to eachouther there terrible the only advantage is weight but if u like them fair enough .

oh and to the thread owner check out www.dreamcycles.co.uk for some realy cheap cranks they have isis bb's for £15 hope it helps you .

BULLSHIT

They are made of aluminium.

Jakers, you seem to love putting things in bold and caps lately, I was thinking of giving it a try, much fun?

I see your from Dubai, got a mate who semi lives there (Yes he is rich) and I could maybe get him to take a pair of cranks to sell u from this forum..?Would cost you as much as new RPM's I believe...